Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: Found a bug in 2017.10.05.1(Windows), did some troubleshooting, found a fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently updated to Hybrid rev 2017.10.5.1 and soon after noticed a bug that causes some dropdown-menus to immediately re-close as they're being opened. Only some of the menus are affected; for example on the 'Base'-tab 'Audio:' is consistently affected regardless of user action, while "Default container:" is only affected when a file is loaded. Right-click menus on the 'Jobs'-tab sometimes won't open either.

Huh Reproducing Dodgy :
On 64bit Windows 7, simply open Hybrid and wait anywhere between 20 minutes to 3 hours. Doesn't matter whether hybrid is used as long as it's running, although the bug may occur sooner and affect more menus after loading a file and switching through tabs a lot.

Confused Troubleshooting Undecided :
1. As i thought this might be a Qt bug, i tried copying over the Qt5*.dlls from "qt-creator-opensource-windows-x86_64-4.4.1.exe", then "qt-opensource-windows-x86-5.9.2" & then "qt-opensource-windows-x86-5.9.0"; it didn't help...
2. I then tried comparing "HybridDebugOutput.txt" outputs between two hybrid sessions (quick clean one & one i let reach bug onset) and there was no differences in readout between lines reading: "Finished initialization" & "Closing Hybrid" at 'level 4' or 'level 9'.
3. Then i tried alternating between different builds of various .dlls that had been updated since the last version, 'til i finally realized i'd missed the "Hybrid\platforms\qwindows.dll" & "Hybrid\dynamic\platforms\qwindows.dll" files, which i hadn't realized were also part of Qt.
4. After copying these additional files over as well, i have now gone over 4 hours without encountering the bug again, so i decided to post the fix here...

Cool The fix Idea :
Assuming you don't want to download the 2.23 Gb "qt-opensource-windows-x86-5.9.2.exe" and spend few hours extracting 12 Gb of files from the installer with 7-zip. Just download this .7z-archive and extract the Qt5 v5.9.2.0 files over the old ones in Hybrid's program directory (The builds used are msvc2015 32bit & msvc2017 64bit).
Nice to see that this ist mit bug in Hybrid, but in Qt that hast already been fixes upstream. Thus when I switch to Qt 5.9.2 and drop 32bit Windows support this will have fixed itself. Big Grin

Thanks for hunting this bug down and reporting it.

Cu Selur