Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: encode ASS into video export MOV file, subtitle effect is not correct
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
encode ASS subtitle into video, export MOV with x264+PCM, but the subtitle effect is not correct.

this is encoded MOV wrong effect, is what i don't want:
[Image: tnqPd8XIyg2kl7w.jpg]

the two options have been enabled already:
  • Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Script->Prefer VsFilterMod

• Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Script->Always use Vapoursynth

this is correct ASS effect, is what i want:
[Image: NnHmG1RTD5k3wOK.jpg]

encode ASS into MP4 is fine, no problem, only MOV got the wrong effect.

sample file, 22MB:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
Are you sure you told Hybrid to embed the subtitles into the frame?
When I use the steps you described I get the attached file (left out the audio to keep the file size small).

Cu Selur
i got a error,

Crashed with exit status 0
-> 2021-02-27@17_36_45_6410_03_video crashed: Crashed with exit status 0

and this is the debug output:
Vapoursynth script crashes.
Looking at the script:
Assuming the source itself isn't broken, my guess is that TextSubMod can't handle the Chinese characters.
(Vapoursynth Preview should also show an error which should show whether it's LWLibavSource or TextSubMod causing the problem, but I would bet on TextSubMod since it's a port of an Avisynth filter which usually are more likely to have problems with non ascii characters.)
-> try renaming the file before processing.

Cu Selur
so renaming it and encode could be fixed?

could if is there anyway to unrename? because the file is in PT upload task, so it's better to unrename, or i have to copy it one by one to another place and encode, but the whole videos are 46, 654GB in total, if everyone needs to copy then encode, it costs much time and much HDD spaces.

and if encode export MP4 or MKV, it's OK, why encode export MOV, it can't handle the Chinese characters, can be fixed?
I might be able to write a workaround in case renaming solves the issue.
Since I don't know whether it does, I won't try to write a workaround.

Cu Selur
(27.02.2021, 11:54)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]I might be able to write a workaround in case renaming solves the issue.
Since I don't know whether it does, I won't try to write a workaround.

Cu Selur

i copy 01.mkv to another english folder, such as  D:\Z\temp\qyn01, and encode, still appear this error, can't encode
Okay.
a. Does the Vapoursynth Preview work properly?
If it doesn't, what does the error in the preview say?
And what does the shown script look like?
b. What does the debug output look like?

Cu Selur
(27.02.2021, 12:06)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]Okay.
a. Does the Vapoursynth Preview work properly?
If it doesn't, what does the error in the preview say?
And what does the shown script look like?
b. What does the debug output look like?

Cu Selur

i copy 01.mkv and 01.ass both out of chinese character folders, and this time it can encode now.

and when encode done, let's see if the subtitle effect could be right, maybe the wrong encoded subtitle effect was caused by chinese character too.
I doubt that the name caused a problem with the representation, but you would have to ask the author of the filter about that.
I'll write a small workaround for the subtitle loading which will work as long as 8.3 filenames are not disabled on your drive.

Cu Selur
Pages: 1 2