Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: Installing on Debian
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I've been trying to install Hybrid on a Debian system using the installation guide below. However, it appears that this installation guide is deprecated. There appears to be an issue when installing saying that Dependencies are unsatisfiable: sni-qt.

http://forum.selur.de/topic844-building-...ian-8.html
[GUIDE] Ubuntu repository - maintained by djcj was just created a few days ago and should be up-to-date.

Cu Selur
(28.05.2017, 08:29)Selur Wrote: [ -> ][GUIDE] Ubuntu repository - maintained by djcj was just created a few days ago and should be up-to-date.

Cu Selur

I've tried adding it to my Debian installation and correcting the source list to pull from Trusty, but it still reads out the same issue:

Code:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
hybrid : Depends: sni-qt but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

(28.05.2017, 16:22)Rodman101 Wrote: [ -> ]
(28.05.2017, 08:29)Selur Wrote: [ -> ][GUIDE] Ubuntu repository - maintained by djcj was just created a few days ago and should be up-to-date.

Cu Selur

I've tried adding it to my Debian installation and correcting the source list to pull from Trusty, but it still reads out the same issue:

Code:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
hybrid : Depends: sni-qt but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I discovered the issue. Sni-qt was last available in the Sid repository for Debian. My system is based on Jessie and, for obvious reasons, I did not have the Sid repository in my sources list. After adding it, I was able to install the dependencies and Hybrid as well.
Okay, good to know. May be djcj can throw out sni-qt as dependency for newer versions.

Cu Selur
"sni-qt" is now only a suggested dependency. The updated package should be available soon.