Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: SSA Subtitle format !!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(14.10.2022, 20:49)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]A debug output of the analysis of the file during opening is probably enough to see where the audio delay comes from.
Since the output is an mkv, it might be vfr and just not detected as such by MediaInfo.
Or it's vfr and the time codes simply get dropped since I know of no way to add mkv time codes to m2ts output.

Cu Selur

The framerate is Constant not VFR → Variable Frame Rate .

But one small detail i forgot to mention, because and again fps of all settings are identical !

Iam currently converting 25fps / pal content to Film / 23.976 Big Grin  .. 

But i have tried nearly every settings in filters tab → speed change. 
And in the audio tab its exactly set to 25.000 → 23.976fps ! 

I mean, what have i overlooked here?

cheers,
td
To be sure the source is cfr enable "Config->Automation->On Load->Always extract timecodes from input" this way Hybrid will extract the time codes to verify whether the source is vfr or not, even if MediaInfo, which only scans a few time codes at the beginning, did report the source as cfr.

Quote:Iam currently converting 25fps / pal content to Film / 23.976 Big Grin ..

But i have tried nearly every settings in filters tab → speed change.
And in the audio tab its exactly set to 25.000 → 23.976fps !

I mean, what have i overlooked here?
If you use 'Change speed' the payback length is changed, thus adjusting the audio speed too would be right.
If you use 'Scale output frame rate' the playback length would not change and thus adjusting the audio speed too would be wrong.
If your source is vfr both of these probably will cause problems.
If your source audio time stamps are stretched or compressed inside the mkv container, you need to take that into account.

1. like I wrote, I need a debug output of the analysis of the source
2. Details in what you are doing.
3. Depending on the nature of your source, using Vapoursynth and sRestore (and not chaning the audio) might be the right way.

Cu Selur
(14.10.2022, 21:10)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]To be sure the source is cfr enable "Config->Automation->On Load->Always extract timecodes from input" this way Hybrid will extract the time codes to verify whether the source is vfr or not, even if MediaInfo, which only scans a few time codes at the beginning, did report the source as cfr.

The "extract timecodes" box is by default unchecked, so i have enabled it now.
And yes, i have used MediaInfo to double check it...

(14.10.2022, 21:10)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]If you use 'Change speed' the payback length is changed, thus adjusting the audio speed too would be right.
If you use 'Scale output frame rate' the playback length would not change and thus adjusting the audio speed too would be wrong.
If your source is vfr both of these probably will cause problems.
If your source audio time stamps are stretched or compressed inside the mkv container, you need to take that into account.

1. like I wrote, I need a debug output of the analysis of the source
2. Details in what you are doing.
3. Depending on the nature of your source, using Vapoursynth and sRestore (and not chaning the audio) might be the right way.

Cu Selur

I got that, ofcourse will ANY framerate conversion affect the speed (pitch tone) and duration ofcourse. 
Scaling  / stretching timings would ofcourse cause possible A/V syncs i guess, so these settings are disabled/not checked in audio/misc tab and in Filters tab →speed change.

Well, i just have created an perfect synchrone 25 → 24fps encoded mkv file for the first time, using the delay timings that hybrid "detected" !!
When playing the file in preview, the delay is huge and not playing in sync wotsoever!!  But the output file seems to play perfect in sync this time !?!

oh well, you can find the report & hybriddebug files (zipped) from the last but succesfull sample i have made this time .

Maybe there's something i have overlooked there!!

cheers,
TD
Quote:When playing the file in preview, the delay is huge and not playing in sync wotsoever!! But the output file seems to play perfect in sync this time !?!
Preview uses mplayer, audio stretching will not be taken into account there.

Mediainfo reports "Delay : 24 ms" and mkvmerge uses '--sync 0:24' so deplay is passed through as it was detected.

Cu Selur
(14.10.2022, 21:56)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:When playing the file in preview, the delay is huge and not playing in sync wotsoever!!  But the output file seems to play perfect in sync this time !?!
Preview uses mplayer, audio stretching will not be taken into account there.

Mediainfo reports "Delay                                    : 24 ms" and mkvmerge uses '--sync 0:24' so deplay is passed through as it was detected.

Cu Selur

Right, that's what i didn't get... MediaInfo is usually right about the specifications from an media file.

Currently hybrid is doing an FULL episode (once again) using the delay codes it has detected.  

So, since MediaInfo gets your approval, the output file should play nice in Sync this time. 
Mediainfo and hybrid seems to be on the same page concerning the audio delay wich is ° zero Smile

But here's the thing, everytime i open an media file i have to check and enable the audio-speed-change and ADD/+ the entry/commandline for the audio via audio tab!?
For some reason the speed change does'nt save and load correctly from my custom profile!? 

*T.d holding fingers acrossed Confused 

Cheers,
T.D
Quote:For some reason the speed change does'nt save and load correctly from my custom profile!?
No usable details, no real chance for me to reproduce or even guess help could be going wrong,…
Audio or Video speed change? What speed change option?
For me,
  • when set 'Audio->Base->Audio Encoding Options->Filtering->Speed change' that value does not change when I load a different source.
  • when set 'Filtering->Scale output frame rate' that value does not change when I load a different source.

=> can't reproduce the issue.
Going to bed now, will look at it tomorrow if you share enough details that allow me to reproduce the issue.

Cu Selur
(14.10.2022, 22:43)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:For some reason the speed change does'nt save and load correctly from my custom profile!?
No usable details, no real chance for me to reproduce or even guess help could be going wrong,…
Audio or Video speed change?  What speed change option?
For me,
  • when set 'Audio->Base->Audio Encoding Options->Filtering->Speed change' that value does not change when I load a different source.

Only there, i need to re-enable the box.. Although the conversion settings 25 → 24 remains intact, that i don't have to re-enter fortunately.

(14.10.2022, 22:43)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]
  • when set 'Filtering->Scale output frame rate' that value does not change when I load a different source.

=> can't reproduce the issue.
Going to bed now, will look at it tomorrow if you share enough details that allow me to reproduce the issue.

Cu Selur

Now, i guess you are refering to the filtering → speed change tab in general.. 
Although i don't use that setting, yet the output mkv play perfect in sync this time .. so far..
All the settings in that tab sticks Shy

It's only the "Speed change" check box setting in the audio→base tab that doesn't stick Dodgy .

Oh swell, getting closer to an nice END result now..

Sweet Sweet Dreams Angel 

cheerio,
TD
Quote:It's only the "Speed change" check box setting in the audio→base tab that doesn't stick Dodgy .
I tried to reproduce this by:
  • starting Hybrid
  • enabling 'Base->Audio->Base->Audio Encoding Options'
  • enabling 'Base->Audio->Base->Audio Encoding Options->Filtering->Speed change'
  • setting 'Base->Audio->Base->Audio Encoding Options->Filtering->Speed change->from' to 12
  • loading a source file
  • checking => 'Base->Audio->Base->Audio Encoding Options->Filtering->Speed change' as still enabled and speed
  • loading another source file
  • checking => 'Base->Audio->Base->Audio Encoding Options->Filtering->Speed change' as still enabled and speed
=>
Like I wrote, share proper details on how to reproduce your problem and I can look into it.
Atm. I can't reproduce your issue and thus can't really fix anything.

Cu Selur
(15.10.2022, 10:55)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:It's only the "Speed change" check box setting in the audio→base tab that doesn't stick Dodgy .
I tried to reproduce this by:
  • loading another source file

Exactly that ↑ !  Did you load/opened an TOTAL NEW source file for the VERY FIRST time ever in Hybrid ?

Only then, the checkbox for speedchange in audio automatically gets unchecked for some reason !!

I want to be clear on that.  

Now, if i open the very same file for the 2nd, 3rd etc time the settings remains the same and doesn't change automatically !

I have reproduced this very same behaviour just now, of wich i have attached an logfile for you to examine.

Must say, hybrid does nice frame rate conversions. 
Way better than Vidcoder or other video editing software.

Most probably the kind of filters / scripts used for that purpose in conjunction with vapoursynth / avisynt are an major factor.

The →panned← scenes play very nice and fluid Wink

vidcoder does framerate conversions too, but very choppy/stutter playback in panned scenes especialy Undecided
Vidcoder is decent when output files kept the original fps..  But not good for video framerate conversion !
Sure VFR would be the answer for fluid motion, but acts choppy/sloppy again when playing the content on some hardware stand alone DVD/BDplayers  Confused !!! 
Experienced that myself to my surprise long ago..

File played fluied on pc, but not on hardware player!! go figures !!

..on a side note.. Tongue

Cheers,

TD
I can not reproduce it.
Please, write a !detailed! step-by-step how I can reproduce your problem.

Cu Selur
Pages: 1 2 3 4