Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: BasicVSR++
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Selur,

BasicVSR++ is available in Hybrid both as Resizer and Filter (in Vapoursynth->Other).
As Resizer it is available in Hybrid the weighted feature that smooth the artifacts, but this features in not available in Vapoursynth->Other.
Even if the filter version is using different models, it has the same artifacts problems that are present in the Resizer version and it would be useful having the possibility to use the weighted feature even for the filter version under Vapoursynth->Other .

Thanks,
Dan
BasicVSR++ under Other does not do any resizing, so what do you want to merge the filtered version against?
The unfiltered version?

I could probably add this as another optional masking option somehow.

Cu Selur
Hello Selur,

yes it is useful merge the filtered BaricVSR++ version  with the unfiltered version available just the step before the application of the filter.

Thanks,
Dan
Dear Selur.
This is a much needed feature.
If you add it, can you link to
updated version.
Thank you.
I implemented this and send you two a link to a dev version which supports this through a new mask I called 'LinearMask' (name might change for the next release).
  • weight: 0 original will be used
  • weight: 0.5 original and filtered will be merged with a factor of 0.5
  • weight: 1 the filtered will be used

Personally, I prefer using one of the other masks, but you can test it and let me know whether this is worth to be kept.

Cu Selur

Ps.: going to bed now, will look at your replies whether this is worth to be kept in tomorrow when I'm back home after work.
Hello Selur,

Theoretically your update should work.
    The problem is that your code is working for the release 2.0

Code:
# adjusting color space from YUV444P16 to RGBH for vsBasicVSRPPFilter
clipFiltered = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clipFiltered, format=vs.RGBH, matrix_in_s="470bg", range_s="limited")
# Quality enhancement using BasicVSR++
from vsbasicvsrpp import basicvsrpp as BasicVSRPP
clipFiltered = BasicVSRPP(clip=clipFiltered, model=5, length=7)

While on my installation there is the version 1.4.1 and the code should be changed as

Code:
# adjusting color space from YUV444P16 to RGBS for vsBasicVSRPPFilter
clipFiltered = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clipFiltered, format=vs.RGBS, matrix_in_s="470bg", range_s="limited")
# Quality enhancement using BasicVSR++
from vsbasicvsrpp import BasicVSRPP
clipFiltered = BasicVSRPP(clip=clipFiltered, model=4, interval=7)

Lem me know if I have to update https://github.com/HolyWu/vs-basicvsrpp to version 2.0

Thanks,
Dan
Yes, the dev version relies on the latest torch addon, send you a link via pm.

Cu Selur
Dear Selur.
I have not been able to test as
My antivirus blocked something and deleted it.
It's a pity.
Dear Selur.
Installed again Hybrid_dev_2023.04.18-205712 installed
VapoursynthR61_torch_2023.03.12. Everything works except BasicVSR++.
Failed to test again.
Not enough details to really help.
Assuming BasicVSR++ is detected and available in Hybird, problems most users have is that they need to use tiling to not run out of VRAM.

Cu Selur
Pages: 1 2