Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: RIFE not loading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
FYI, I did some more troubleshooting and if I use the binary from the original fork of VapourSynth-RIFE-ncnn-Vulkan, it works fine. I just renamed the "RIFE.dll" to "librife.dll" and it works in Hybrid without messing with anything else.

styler00dollar's fork has support for models > 4.0, which might be the only drawback.

Btw, I also upgraded my GPU to a 980 ti and it still fails with styer00dollar's. So in the end I don't think it was my older GPUs. Anyway, this implementation of RIFE is Vulkan based so it's more compatible than CUDA ones..?
4+ models are needed for arbitrary target frame rates, older models only support x2.
Maybe the older NVIDIA drivers do not support Vulkan?
Maybe installing https://developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-driver helps,...

Quote:I also upgraded my GPU to a 980 ti
which is also 8+ years old Wink

Cu Selur
(08.09.2023, 06:15)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I also upgraded my GPU to a 980 ti
which is also 8+ years old Wink

Cu Selur

Haha, yeah, I keep forgetting that 2015 is a long time ago. I do have more recent Macs, but RIFE isn't really supported on Mac anyway.

I followed the link you posted and it seems that Vulkan's driver is integrated in the main NVidia drivers and that the most recent version (537.13) fully supports the 980 ti. But maybe the 980 ti doesn't support some specific hardware features?

I'm going to try to find a more recent card and report back if I do.

Thanks for the help!
Pages: 1 2