Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: lossless codec encode error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for this great software.
I'm having a problem, whenever I encode using one of the lossless codec options in Hybrid, I got a error message from Hybrid.

I have tried Huffyuv in Hybrid and UTV codec in Hybrid and I have tired every setting possible like predicte Meridian.

It starts up but then after 5 mins it says crashed.
I have tried every option possible in different ways
What im I doing wrong here?

I have never tried using a lossless codec in Hybrid before, now I want to deinterlace first then work on my footage.

I tried with no resizing thinking the crash was because I had the resize option selected to HD1920x1080, I unchecked resize and it went well 720x576 white is the normal AR for PAL.
No other plug ins were used

My captures are captured in Huff codec using virtualdub, I then import them into hybrid for cleaning up and de-interlacing.

I am using an older version of Hybrid
2023.3, I did try to use the updated version but my computer software said an important file was being deleted during installation so I just went back to the old version.

Does the old version have any bugs when encoding to lossless codes? Should I keep using the old version it works fine, I only use it to de-interlace and de-noise in the filters option I don't use any of the other functions as long as they work ok and don't have any errors it should be ok right?

1 big problem seems to be Hybrid does not like small files like 5 to 10 min ones it crashes even when encoding.h264, which works fine otherwise or it did when I last used it a few weeks ago.Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
Quote:Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
seems like you ignored that Sad

Quote:I'm having a problem, whenever I encode using one of the lossless codec options in Hybrid, I got a error message from Hybrid.
And now you expect me to guess what that error message was? Huh

Quote:It starts up but then after 5 mins it says crashed.
If you had shared a debug ouput, I might have been able to see what calls were used etc. .
Without details and a debug output.

Quote:What im I doing wrong here?
How should I know? Huh You are not sharing details.

Quote:Does the old version have any bugs when encoding to lossless codes?
Tons of stuff changed since 2023.03.17.1 (see: https://www.selur.de/changelog), no clue whether something regarding Huffyuv and UTV encoding changed. (I would suspect it did.)

Quote: 720x576 white is the normal AR for PAL
Usually that is a resolution used with SD PAR content from DVDs&Co not an aspect ratio.

My guess is that either something is wrong with the encoding call or the filtering.

Quote:Should I keep using the old version it works fine, I only use it to de-interlace and de-noise in the filters option I don't use any of the other functions as long as they work ok and don't have any errors it should be ok right?
if an old version works fine for what you want, I see no reason why you can't stick with it
(since any fixed and improvements made since that version do not seem to be interesting to you)

Quote:1 big problem seems to be Hybrid does not like small files like 5 to 10 min ones it crashes even when encoding.h264, which works fine otherwise or it did when I last used it a few weeks ago.
Can't remember any user reporting a problem with short clips. If it worked before and now does not any more you might have changed something in your system.

Cu Selur
(08.06.2024, 18:26)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
seems like you ignored that  Sad

Quote:I'm having a problem, whenever I encode using one of the lossless codec options in Hybrid, I got a error message from Hybrid.
And now you expect me to guess what that error message was?  Huh

Quote:It starts up but then after 5 mins it says crashed.
If you had shared a debug ouput, I might have been able to see what calls were used etc. .
Without details and a debug output.

Quote:What im I doing wrong here?
How should I know? Huh You are not sharing details.

Quote:Does the old version have any bugs when encoding to lossless codes?
Tons of stuff changed since 2023.03.17.1 (see: https://www.selur.de/changelog), no clue whether something regarding Huffyuv and UTV encoding changed. (I would suspect it did.)

Quote: 720x576 white is the normal AR for PAL
Usually that is a resolution used with SD PAR content from DVDs&Co not an aspect ratio.

My guess is that either something is wrong with the encoding call or the filtering.

Quote:Should I keep using the old version it works fine, I only use it to de-interlace and de-noise in the filters option I don't use any of the other functions as long as they work ok and don't have any errors it should be ok right?
if an old version works fine for what you want, I see no reason why you can't stick with it
(since any fixed and improvements made since that version do not seem to be interesting to you)

Quote:1 big problem seems to be Hybrid does not like small files like 5 to 10 min ones it crashes even when encoding.h264, which works fine otherwise or it did when I last used it a few weeks ago.
Can't remember any user reporting a problem with short clips. If it worked before and now does not any more you might have changed something in your system.

Cu Selur
How do I send you the debug report?
I'm on my phone i'll take a screenshot when im working on the project again this weekend.

I did install the new version but my antivirus software said a file was being deleted that shouldn't be during uninstall of old hybrid so I cancelled it and went back to old version.

Were the lossless codecs working in old version?
I tried both Huff and UTV in hybrid.

I used de-noise option in filters set it to 2
and Avisynth de-interlace ignore input
changed it to TFF, That is all I did.

What options should be selected in the lossless codec tab I see quite a few options but I don't know what they do, I tried all of them but none of them worked for me😕

I haven't encoded short clips before it's only now I'm doing it. I did test it before once or twice it failed then but I thought maybe I was doing something wrong my end and I did not worry about it because I was working on longer clips that time.

Thanks for the help.
Quote:How do I send you the debug report?
You create the debug output like described in the sticky, then you zip it and attach it to your post.

Cu Selur

Ps.: please do only quote the parts you reply to, not the whole post history, thanks. (otherwise it's a real pain to read, what you write)
(10.06.2024, 17:43)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:How do I send you the debug report?
You create the debug output like described in the sticky, then you zip it and attach it to your post.

Cu Selur

Ps.: please do only quote the parts you reply to, not the whole post history, thanks. (otherwise it's a real pain to read, what you write)
I have downloaded a newer version.
I have just updated it to 2023.01.22.1 version now it is encoding Huff like it should.
The video is 7 mins long.

Here is what I have selected in the FFvHuff tab
Coder Golomb Rice
Context small
Color space i422
Bit dept 8-bit

I don't know if these settings are correct.
What is Golomb Rice coder? Is it ok to use
Context is small is this ok for a 720x576 PAL video?

Thanks for the great updated software and help