Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: Upscale Error - Unable to get preview to load
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I seem to be getting errors on the mod size - I've tried lots of different size combinations, but none will allow me to load the preview window. Any help? Smile
Error is:
Code:
u n r e c o g n i z e d   t r a n s f e r   c h a r a c t e r i s t i c s   ( 5 / 0 / 0   = >   0 / 0 / 0 ) .   M a y   n e e d   t o   s p e c i f y   a d d i t i o n a l   c o l o r s p a c e   p a r a m e t e r s .
Strange, I expected:
Code:
# setting color transfer (709), if it is not set.
if validate.transferIsInvalid(clip):
  clip = core.std.SetFrameProps(clip=clip, _Transfer=1)
which calls:
Code:
def transferIsInvalid(clip: vs.VideoNode) -> bool:
  frame = clip.get_frame(0)
  value = frame.props.get('_Transfer', None)
  return value in [None, 0, 2, 3] or value not in vs.TransferCharacteristics.__members__.values()
to fix this.
=> If you can share a short sample of such a file, I can probably fix it.

Cu Selur
I just updated Hybrid, now I am seeing "Failed to Initialize VapourSynth Environment".

I will send a clip tomorrow.
Make sure to uninstall Hybrid before installing the new version.
Using your sample and trying to reproduce your problem, when using:
Code:
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV444P10, matrix_s="470bg", range_s="limited")
# removing grain using SMDegrain
clip = smdegrain.SMDegrain(input=clip, tr=1, interlaced=True, subpixel=3, dct=1, tff=True)
run into:
Code:
clip = smdegrain.SMDegrain(input=clip, tr=1, interlaced=True, subpixel=3, dct=1, tff=True)
This will take a while to figure out, since I might have to rewrite SMDegrain for that.

From the looks of it SMDegrain has problems filtering interlaced content.

Cu Selur
It is strange, I have used SMDegrain on several interlaced projects already, but this one is a problem.
Think I fixed that.
In smdegrain.py, I changed:
Code:
# Input preparation for Interlacing
    if not interlaced:
        inputP = input
    else:
        inputP = input.std.SeparateFields(tff=tff)
to:
Code:
# Input preparation for Interlacing
    if not interlaced:
        inputP = input
    else:
        inputP = input.std.SeparateFields(tff=tff)
        h = h/2
this should fix the problem. (does here)
Extract the attached file and try replacing the smdegrain.py in your Hybrid/64bit/vsscripts-folder with the extracted file.

Cu Selur

Quote:It is strange, I have used SMDegrain on several interlaced projects already, but this one is a problem.
Before Hybrid deinterlaced automatically before applying SMDegrain, but since SMDegrain has a tff-option and should handle interlaced content I changed it a while ago to use not deinterlace before it, but depending on the settings SMDegrain seems to not work properly.
Thanks, trying it now. One thing I notice with the video file is when I change to square pixels it is 788 x 576. Is this correct, or should I force a generic PAR to get 768 x 576?

I am still getting the "Failed to Initialize VapourSynth Environment" error message,
Quote:I am still getting the "Failed to Initialize VapourSynth Environment" error message,
Update to 2024.06.16.1

Cu Selur
Is the modified smdegrain.py included in the update?
Pages: 1 2