Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: Avisynth setup under linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I have setup latest Hybrid on Slackware 14.2 x86_64 and have all the essential tools and am only missing a few minor that cannot be found.
A basic x264 conversion from vob to mkv with ac3 audio works without problem but I wish to use avisynth filters especially QTGMC.
I have a working wine configuration  and till now have been starting Hybrid via a terminal so I can follow the startup notices. Hybrid finds the avisynthPlugins folder but further down, it is looking for avisynth extension version 20180310 which it cannot find. Can you advise please, Thanks

For those interested, my setup is as follows:

Slackware Linux 14.2 with multilib
Wine-staging-3.7 (syswow64 enabled)
FFMPEG-3.4.2

depends:
framecounter
freetype-2.6.3
glib2-2.46.2
openssl-1.02h
qt5-5.7.1

optional:
aften-0.0.8
bdsup2subpp-1.02
dcaenc-1.0
divx265-1.5.8
fdkaac-0.1.6
flac-1.3.1
gpac-0.7.1
kvazaar-1.1.0
libvpx-1.5.0
lsdvd-0.17
mediainfo-17.12
mencoder-1.3.0
mkvtoolnix-9.5.0
mp4box-0.7.1
mplayer-1.3.0
opus-1.2.1
opus-tools-0.1.10
sni-qt-0.2.6
sox-14.4.2
tsmuxer-2.6.11
x264-20180429
x265-1.8

installation:
Hybrid binary into /usr/bin
You need to set permissions for the binary and make it executable.
All files/folders from AvisynthExtension except the AvisynthPlugins folder also to /usr/bin
avisynthPlugins copied intact to ~/.wine/drive/c/windows/syswow64
copy avisynth.dll and DEVIL.dll also to ~/.wine/drive/c/windows/syswow64
create misc.ini ~/.hybrid folder
Latest Hybrid avisynth package is always linked over at http://www.selur.de/downloads
Hybrid determines the avisynth package version by the version.txt inside the avisynthPlugins folder.

Cu Selur
Hi,
Thanks for your response but there is the problem.
Hybrid fails to detect the version.txt irrespective of where I put it.
For example, paths used in misc.ini which do not work have been:
/root/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/avisynthPlugins
/root/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/avisynthPlugins/Avisynth Extension/avisynthPlugins
/root/.wine/drive_c/windows/Program Files/avisynthPlugins
/root/.wine/drive_c/windows/Program Files/avisynthPlugins/Avisynth Extension/avisynthPlugins
/root/,hybrid/Avisynth Extension/avisynthPlugins
The last one is wrong location because it will not work with wine, but I did it to check if Hybrid could find.

Please see attached screenshot.

I am using Hybrid_180408_64bit_binary_qt521.zip and avisynthExtension_180310.7z

I have working Avidemux, Handbrake,VLC, mkvToolnix etc and clearly there is something wrong

i resend the attachment because there was something wrong with the previous one
What's the full path of your misc.ini? (!one location!)
What is the content of your misc.ini?
What does Hybrid output on startup when you start it from a terminal/console?

Cu Selur
location of Hybrid is
/usr/bin/hybrid

misc.ini path is
/root/,hybrid/misc.ini

current misc.ini is:

[General]
   avisynthOnLinux=true
   avisynthExtensionPath="/root/,hybrid/Avisynth Extension/avisynthPlugins"

Startup terminal output is attached.

Regards
Hybrid got the plugins folder:
Code:
Avisynth plugins folder: /root/.hybrid/Avisynth Extension/avisynthPlugins
but reports:
Code:
looking for avisynth extension, version 20180310
  -> detected no avisynth extension,.. 20180310
  -> detected no avisynth extension,..
You got a version.txt inside your "/root/,hybrid/Avisynth Extension/avisynthPlugins" folder with the only content in it being '20180310', right?

Cu Selur
Send you a link to a dev version which should output some additional output during startup to console.
(hoping this helps to hunt the problem down)

Cu Selur
First,  I just replaced Hybrid and the result is attached output2.txt

Then, I removed avisynth Extension from the .hybrid folder and copied it all complete including the sub-avisynthPlugins folder to  /root/.wine/drive_c/Program Files

I also copied avisynth.dll and DevlL.dll to /root/.wine/drive_c/windows/syswow64
I had these previously in system32

I also edited misc.ini to reflect the change and attached output3.txt is the result.

Looking at lines 67 & 68 of this, it is not clear to me if Hybrid has found avisynth because the avisynth filter section is greyed out. An attempt to load a .avs file resulted in error   " AVSAnalyser: Absolute path for 'avsinfo' not set "

Am also puzzled about the references to aften and x265 near the end because both are on the system and whilst I do not use x265 for encoding, I know that aften works because I specified it in the  earlier Hybrid trial.

Thanks for your help so far.
Regards
Zig

I noticed that Hybrid expects to find certain tools in /usr/bin so I copied the following four files over from
Avisynth Extension and reloaded Hybrid.
avs2yuv.exe
avsInfo.exe
AVSMeter.exe
avsViewer.exe

Whoopee !!!     avisynth is no longer greyed out. See output4.txt attached

My next step is to try and locate the missing minor tools and work out how I load an avs script and what the format should be because I want to be able to use TFM and QTGMC.   Is there any link guide that you can point me to because there is a distinct lack of documentation. All of this should really be documented somewhere

Thanks again
ignore the aften and x265 stuff, just some debug output checking versions,..

Quote:I also copied avisynth.dll and DevlL.dll to /root/.wine/drive_c/windows/syswow64
I had these previously in system32
on a 64bit Windows system 32bit dlls belong into the syswow64 folder,...

-> everything that's not inside the avisynthPlugins folder and is part of the avisynthExtensions-Package should be placed inside the syswow64 folder,..
see: http://forum.selur.de/topic345-info-avis...stems.html

Cu Selur
Try loading a source and check:
a. whether the avisynth preview works when you use an avisynth filter
b. test to encode something
in case avisynth supports works, using TFM and QTGMC should also work if your wine environment has the needed runtimes installed.

Cu Selur
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8