Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: Error with QT over VNC/X11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hybrid Version: 2017.05.06.1 (Ubuntu 16.04 64bit)
What Happens: Program never launches. A splash screen is displayed and then it crashes.
Reproduction: 
  1. Install via the guide on djcj's post as usual, nothing out of the ordinary
  2. Install vnc4server and xfce4 through apt-get
  3. Start vnc server and connect
  4. Run Hybrid.
Log has been attached.
It appears as though QT is the issue, maybe you can shed some light or have some experience.
I have tried launching it through Xming with similar results.
Okay, that's a new one seems like qt loses the connection to X.
Will try to look into this some more after work.
(will report back once I know more and/or can reproduce the issue.)

Cu Selur
Is there a short&fast way to get vnc4server running so I can connect to it from extern?
(don't use it normally and not keen tinkering with it a lot)
Default configuration doesn't seem to do the trick.
I ran 'apt-get install vnc4server' and then started a vnc client on another machine to connect to the server but connection was denied from the host computer,...
-> so if you got a quick guide to get it running it would help me, otherwise this will have to wait until I find the time to read up on how to set up vnc4server properly,.. (may be this or next weekend)
Seems like there are some issues with vnc4server and kubunu, I will have to test this on another VM,..

Cu Selur

Ps.: Is a monitor attached to your system? (iirc there were some issues with qt if no monitor is attached,..)
PPs.: On Windows I know Teamviewer works fine,..
PPPs.: got a vnc connection, but I only see a gray screen,..
Managed to reproduce the issue, but no clue how to taggle the issue atm.
-> will try to look into it over the weekend
Using:
Code:
vncserver
I get:
Code:
Unsupported screen format: depth: 16, red_mask: 3f, blue_mask: f800
Using RGB16 fallback, if this works your X11 server is reporting a bad screen format.
The X11 connection broke (error 1). Did the x11 server die?
using:
Code:
vncserver -depth 24
I just get:
Code:
but no clue why.

-> no clue how to handle this seems like there is some incompatibilty with vnc and Qt.

Cu Selur
(13.07.2017, 20:33)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]Using:
Code:
vncserver
I get:
Code:
Unsupported screen format: depth: 16, red_mask: 3f, blue_mask: f800
Using RGB16 fallback, if this works your X11 server is reporting a bad screen format.
using:
Code:
vncserver -depth 24
I  just get:
Code:
but no clue why.

-> no clue how to handle this seems like there is some incompatibilty with vnc and Qt.

Cu Selur

Yeah, I had the same error message as well, we're basically at the same spot at this point :/ I'll see if TeamViewer works better for me.
Do that an please report back. (I'll also try over the weekend if using a newer Qt version helps, what is the Qt version installed on your system?)

Cu Selur
(14.07.2017, 05:06)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]Do that an please report back. (I'll also try over the weekend if using a newer Qt version helps, what is the Qt version installed on your system?)

Cu Selur

I was having some issues with Teamviewer, not totally sure what.
i have Qt 5.9.1 installed to ~/Qt, but it looks like when Hybrid installs it packages its own Qt dlls (using Wine I assume?) in ~/.hybrid-bin/:

[Image: GfdsrxW.jpg]
The dlls are for the avsViewer and some other small avisynth related tools.