This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] GPU Acceleration Failure With Specific File
Hi Selur,

I hope you're having a good holiday season.

With certain files that I'm working with, enabling GPU acceleration for scaling/deinterlacing causing Hybrid to stall when starting encoding for about 20 seconds and then completing as though it has finished. No video file is produced (only the audio file) and there is no failure.

Looking at the debug file, I see "2021.12.26 - 00:43:37_Windows 10 Version 2009 (64bit)_2021.12.10.1 - level 9: FFmpeg output: [yuv4mpegpipe @ 00000208c578cb40] Header too large. pipe:: Invalid argument"

Other files work fine with this profile so I'm not sure if this is a file/resolution compatibility issue with GPU acceleration or an actual bug (which is why I marked HELP instead of BUG) Smile

I only get <25% the speed when using only the CPU on these files (with more complex profiles)... So any help would be appreciated...

[*]What Hybrid version did you use?(Windows/Mac/Linux 32/64bit + versions number)
Hybrid 2021.12.10.1; Windows 11 x64; Nvidia RTX 3080 GPU
[*]What did happen? If an error message came up what did it exactly say?
No error message; attempts to start encoding, waits about 20 seconds and fails
[*]What did you do to get to the bug? (best thing is a detailed step-by-step guide so that I can reproduce the problem)
Use the linked profile with linked example file. Note: Profile works when "OpenCL" deselected from "QTGMC Vapoursynth". Alternatively, this same issue occurs when Filtering -> Vapoursynth -> Frame -> Resize -> Resizer -> GPU is selected.
[*]Debug output would be helpful:
  1. start Hybrid
  2. set an default output path: Config->Paths->Default output path
       (This is where the debug output will be created unless you specify an output file inside another path.
       If an old HybridOutput.txt already exists in that folder delete it.)
  3. enable Debug output: Config->Internals->Create debug file (unless told to, do not change the debug level)
  4. do everything you did to create you problem
  5. compress (zip/7z/rar/..) the HybridDebugOutput.txt before you post it
Debug output in attached link.
[*]a small sample, which allows the reprocudtion of the problem would be nice
Sample file in attached link.

I can not seem to attach any files so I've attached everything as a ZIP at this Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16AzSS0y...wdR3f/view

Thanks for your time!
a. Please learn to properly quote something, your post is a pain to read.
b. Vapoursynth script works fine here, as does the encoding.
Since the setup works fine here it does not seem like a bug in Hybrid.
This seems like a driver issue (missing opencl part or incompatible opencl drivers)
Does the Vapoursynth Preview work for you, or does it show an error?

Are you using the latest stable drivers from NVIDIA? (I'm using 497.29 here)

Cu Selur
(26.12.2021, 09:37)Selur Wrote: a. Please learn to properly quote something, your post is a pain to read.
b. Vapoursynth script works fine here, as does the encoding.
Since the setup works fine here it does not seem like a bug in Hybrid.
This seems like a driver issue (missing opencl part or incompatible opencl drivers)
Does the Vapoursynth Preview work for you, or does it show an error?

Are you using the latest stable drivers from NVIDIA? (I'm using 497.29 here)

Cu Selur

Hi Selur,

Thanks for the fast reply and sorry for the bad formatting.

Good intuition regarding the Nvidia drivers. I had 510.06 installed tonight. I reverted back to the 472.84 studio drivers, and the transcode worked with my full profile. I wouldn't have expected a driver to only break compatibility with CUDA...but without surprises, life would be boring!

Anyway, thanks for your help!
Happy that helped, drivers and overclocked graphic cards are the usual suspects when the script itself works fine. Wink

Cu Selur