This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] MKV Advanced Video Signaling Options Have No Effect
Hi Selur,

A new problem and I think this may have been part of the source of the issue...

The files that I'm making with your dev build are producing files that are tagged as 60fps with interlace instead of 30fps with interlace (with the ffv1 interlace function enabled), so they're playing back at double speed.

I found in MKVToolNix that the video interlaced flag is not properly enabled. As soon as I set it to "1" in MKVToolNix, the video starts playing back properly and MediaInfo shows 30fps.

Perhaps there is a conflict between enabling interlace in the codec (and it writing the interlace flag to the output file) and adding advanced MKV assignments?

EDIT: It looks like all videos that I processed with your latest dev versions (including yesterday's) have output 60fps files, but the ones produced with the most recent dev version does NOT respond to me manually setting the flag in MKVToolNix (in MediaInfo nor in actual playback). Those seem to be stuck at 60fps no matter what I do...
Okay, since you didn't provide a debug output I at least need a step by step on how to reproduce this.
Please read the sticky,....
Sorry about that.

Here's a zip with the original file, same profile as before, and example output: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CVbKkhs...sp=sharing

Simply load the profile, then the file, and run it to get the output (with slightly different MKV advanced metadata).

This did not happen with the dev version in the opening post that I was using for months.

Thanks!
Will look into it.
Related question: Do you by change know how to properly signal 30000/1001 fps interlaced using mkvmerge?

Using '--default-duration "0:29.97i"' and '--default-duration "0:30000/1001i"' both result in:
Frame rate                               : 29.970 (29970/1000) FPS <- container
Original frame rate                      : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS <- stream
indicating that the container indication is not what I want. Sad
Got it, using 30i does the job.

Cu Selur
Okay, "0:30000/1001i", does seem to work as intended unless I use m2v video.
(For AVC content I need to use "0:60000/1001i" to get 29.970 (30000/1001) fps.)
No clue, how to indicate "30000/1001" interlaced for m2v video, but since Hybrid doesn't encode to MPEG-2 it's not that much of an issue.
-> will send you a link to a new dev version for testing in ~30min
(17.07.2022, 08:54)Selur Wrote: Will look into it.
Related question: Do you by change know how to properly signal 30000/1001 fps interlaced using mkvmerge?

Using '--default-duration "0:29.97i"' and '--default-duration "0:30000/1001i"' both result in:
Frame rate                               : 29.970 (29970/1000) FPS <- container
Original frame rate                      : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS <- stream
indicating that the container indication is not what I want. Sad
Got it, using 30i does the job.

Cu Selur

I never used mkvmerge on it's own (only FFMPEG), but I was going to say usually 30000/1001i is the default notation.

I'm glad you were able to to figure it out. Thanks for your help as always. Smile

Hi Selur,

Unfortunately, this version made no difference. I also noticed that the version in the dev version you sent me shows "2022.07.16.1" while the installer shows "2022.07.17". Did you send the right version?

I made new (smaller!) test files using this version of Hybrid. I also included a screenshot of what MediaInfo shows when this problem occurs on the output file (besides 59.97/60FPS).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gw_LlfT...sp=sharing

If your outputs show the right video duration, then I can send a log file. Let me know if I can help in any other way.
Damn I put the the wrong version into the installer,...
-> packaging and uploading a new version
Send you a new link.

Cu Selur
The latest version dev works great! Thank you so much!

P.S. Starting another thread for a feature request. Smile
@Selur, problem with the latest dev version from today. If I set video format as "UT-Video" it forces the transfer matrix in a way where the MKV Advanced Video Signaling matrix has no effect. For example, ULH0 forces BT.709 matrix, while ULYO forces "bt470bg". The latter is a big problem because it makes NTSC processing impossible, since you can't set the correct matrix which is SMPTE170M.