This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hybrid doesn't see Avisynth in Ubuntu 16.04.3
Hi, Selur.

After I updated to Ubuntu 16.04.2, all sorts of chaos started happening with Hybrid. Hybrid simply doesn't recognize Avisynth anymore. I tried many things to do, but nothing I did seemed to help with this problem. Avisynth is not shown in Filtering window.

What I tried to do:

1. Complete removal of Hybrid and all other components, including .hybrid and .hybrid-bin folders.
2. Reinstallation with hybrid-tools and vapoursynth-extension coming first.
3. Complete removal of wine folder.
4. Installation of different wines, installation of a new wine. Removal of all other wines.
5. Copy-paste of files "avisynth.dll" and "DevIL.dll" into System32, system and WIndows folders of WIne.

While I browsed through folders, I noticed a file which manages to make Avisynth visible. It contains lines which enable Avisynth, but it doesn't work for me.  I tried to:

1. Add the line "avisynth=true" as mentioned in "hidden options" thread.
2. Changed the line "avisynthOnLinux=true" to "avisynthOnLinux=false" and back.
2. Remove the line "avisynthOnLinux=true" and leave only "avisynth=true".
3. Change the folder for avisynth plugins.
4. Completely wipe off the line for Avisynth plugins.

Nothing worked out. The problem also persists in Ubuntu 16.04.3 and on Linux Mint 18.1, which is as well based on Ubuntu 16.04.2/3

What is odd is that after I removed wine, which as well removed Avisynth plugin, the line in "misc.ini" changed to "avisynthOnLinux=false", even though it never did while I did a complete removal of all components.

Also worth mentioning that Vapoursynth IS recognized, if the line with it is added, but Avisynth is not.

Hybrid is the last version on Ubuntu 16.04.3. Was the second to last on Linux Mint 18.1, but had the same problem. After I updated to the last one, the problem is still there.
No sure whether it helps: Atm. Hybrid either uses Avisynth or Vapoursynth, so if one is enabled through the misc.ini the other is ignored.

Cu Selur
(13.09.2017, 12:39)Selur Wrote: No sure whether it helps: Atm. Hybrid either uses Avisynth or Vapoursynth, so if one is enabled through the misc.ini the other is ignored.

Cu Selur

Oh, forgot to mention. I tried this as well. I had this very same idea. but removing Vapoursynth doesn't help. 

I wonder, I didn't seem to have this problem in Ubuntu 16.04.1 at all, but it seemed that as soon as I updated to 16.04.2, the problem began. What could've happened in this release that changed things so much?

Maybe I will try Hybrid in 17.04, I have it installed, but didn't try Hybrid there, because thought that it wasn't working there yet? It usually takes time to port all components into a new release.

Also, one question. Is avisynth always enabled at a startup?  Because I checked whether there was Avisynth enabled in filtering without loading a media. I had this problem before, that during loading a DVD, AVisynth was disabled. There was a function in options which enabled it, but Avisynth didn't work with DVD anyway, always crashed. But using MakeMKV helped with this problem.

Okay, I've solved this problem. This is not the problem with system. The problems seems to lie with avisynth folder itself. There is no "avisynth.dll" in "avisynthPlugins" folder, this is why Avisynth can't properly run. I managed to discover it thanks to this thread - https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?t...306#pid306 I tried to run hybrid through terminal and got an error: "cp: cannot stat '/home/denmark/.hybrid-bin/avisynth/avisynthPlugins/avisynth.dll': No such file or directory" Then I finally understood what is the problem.

It seems that everyone is affected by it. I will ask djcj to fix it.

Kind of funny that one of my initial ideas were right   Smile Only didn't try the right folder...
This is the script used to download and install Avisynth:
https://github.com/darealshinji/hybrid-d...install.sh

Maybe you can find the problem.
(13.09.2017, 15:09)djcj Wrote: This is the script used to download and install Avisynth:
https://github.com/darealshinji/hybrid-d...install.sh

Maybe you can find the problem.

No problem with the script.  The problem is with the avisynth extension. I will ask Selur to reupload the extension, as this script seems to download it from the site. Here is the fixed one by me - http://www.datafilehost.com/d/e6a7561e
What did you change?
(13.09.2017, 15:34)Selur Wrote: What did you change?

Oh, just as I mentioned here - https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?t...552#pid552 I added "avisynth.dll" to "avisynthPlugins" folder and I renamed "fft3dfilter.dll" to "FFT3DFilter.dll".
Will Update the download accordingly in 1-2hrs. Need to get home first.:

Cu Selur
(13.09.2017, 16:15)Selur Wrote: Will Update the download accordingly in 1-2hrs. Need to get home first.:

Cu Selur
Thanks a lot! Finally I can migrate to Linux. Avisynth was the only thing which stopped me. Now I can encode on Linux too  Wink
Download should be fine now.

Cu Selur