This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

2020.01.12.1 showing Bitrate as ?
I just upgraded to 2020.01.12.1 and the first thing I noticed was that the "Bitrate" shown under the Video section (top right) shows ?

I am sure the FIRST file opened showed a valid number but now every file (taken from a random selection) just shows "?"

I will gather more info later and see if I can narrow the behavior down, once the encodes I have just added are finished, but I just wondered if this was already known since its so obvious.
Whether there is a bitrate shown or not should depend on whether MediaInfo reports a "Bit rate" or "Nominal bit rate" for the source and the bitrate is reported in Kbps or Mbps.

Cu Selur
(23.01.2020, 18:19)Selur Wrote: Whether there is a bitrate shown or not should depend on whether MediaInfo reports a "Bit rate" or "Nominal bit rate" for the source and the bitrate is reported in Kbps or Mbps.

Cu Selur

I have just found a files.. One MediaInfo shows in KBs.. And the other MBs and Hybrid shows them both as ?

Infact, I havn't found a single file which DOES NOT show "?"

I am sure I saw it once, and am keen to restart just to see if that does anything, but I have some encodings under way.

I never had a single problem before.. Every file I opened showed the Bitrate, so has something changed?

Jon
Quote:I never had a single problem before.. Every file I opened showed the Bitrate, so has something changed?
Like nearly all of the tools Hybrid uses MediaInfo changed,....

Seems like MediaInfo changed the naming if it now uses MBs etc. instead of Mbps.
-> Not sure whether I'll remove the bitrate indication at all (has no real purpose) or adjust the code to look for MBs etc.

Cu Selur
(23.01.2020, 20:33)Selur Wrote:
Quote:I never had a single problem before.. Every file I opened showed the Bitrate, so has something changed?
Like nearly all of the tools Hybrid uses MediaInfo changed,....

Seems like MediaInfo changed the naming if it now uses MBs etc. instead of Mbps.
-> Not sure whether I'll remove the bitrate indication at all (has no real purpose) or adjust the code to look for MBs etc.

Cu Selur

I hope you don't remove this.. I use this ALL the time... So much so, I am tempted to go back to my June 18 version as it did everything I wanted/needed.
What do you use it for? (don't really see any use for it)

Cu Selur
(23.01.2020, 21:07)Selur Wrote: What do you use it for? (don't really see any use for it)

Cu Selur

I compress all my movies down and use different bitrates depending on the amount of "action"

When I open the movie in Hybrid I see its bitrate and it helps me decide whether its worth the effort.

Now I will have to check every movie with MediaInfo first, which is a pain.
btw. send you a link to a dev version where the bitrate detection should workd again (tested only on a few samples)

Cu Selur