This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] I cant encode anything.
(06.03.2020, 21:32)Selur Wrote: Send you a pm with a link to the dev version, to be sure we both use the same versions.
In case this problem still exists with the dev version:
1. clear your temp folder.
2. create a debug output level 9 of the loading of the source and the calling of the Vapoursynth preview. (+ zip and attach to reply)

Cu Selur

Done
The indexing call:
"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\vsfilters\SourceFilter\d2vSource\d2vwitch.exe" --output "C:\Users\ojetepelon\AppData\Local\Temp\77bbf7b5091c6f1991fd46cb9acf3a69_853323747.d2v" "E:\Dukto\Kenshin 1999\KENSHIN TEMPORADA 1\KENSHIN_VOL1_DVD1\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB" "E:\Dukto\Kenshin 1999\KENSHIN TEMPORADA 1\KENSHIN_VOL1_DVD1\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB"
finished after 01.461 seconds, which seems way too fast.

1. Do you get any error when you call that call inside a Windows Command Prompt?
2. Have you tried enabling 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Use DGIndex instead of d2vwitch' ? This should cause Hybrid to use DGIndex instead of d2vwitch.

Cu Selur
(06.03.2020, 22:23)Selur Wrote: The indexing call:
"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\vsfilters\SourceFilter\d2vSource\d2vwitch.exe" --output "C:\Users\ojetepelon\AppData\Local\Temp\77bbf7b5091c6f1991fd46cb9acf3a69_853323747.d2v" "E:\Dukto\Kenshin 1999\KENSHIN TEMPORADA 1\KENSHIN_VOL1_DVD1\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB" "E:\Dukto\Kenshin 1999\KENSHIN TEMPORADA 1\KENSHIN_VOL1_DVD1\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB"
finished after 01.461 seconds, which seems way too fast.

1. Do you get any error when you call that call inside a Windows Command Prompt?
2. Have you tried enabling 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Use DGIndex instead of d2vwitch' ? This should cause Hybrid to use DGIndex instead of d2vwitch.

Cu Selur

I tried it but not with debug enabled.

C:\Users\ojetepelon>"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\vsfilters\SourceFilter\d2vSource\d2vwitch.exe" --output "C:\Users\ojetepelon\AppData\Local\Temp\77bbf7b5091c6f1991fd46cb9acf3a69_853323747.d2v" "E:\Dukto\Kenshin 1999\KENSHIN TEMPORADA 1\KENSHIN_VOL1_DVD1\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB" "E:\Dukto\Kenshin 1999\KENSHIN TEMPORADA 1\KENSHIN_VOL1_DVD1\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB"

Video frames seen:   34815
    Progressive:     1
    Top field first: 34815
    Repeat:          0
Quote:I tried it but not with debug enabled.
Okay,... and?
Close Hybrid, start Hybrid, load source, enable 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Use DGIndex instead of d2vwitch', try preview.

Quote:"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\vsfilters\SourceFilter\d2vSource\d2vwitch.exe" --output "C:\Users\ojetepelon\AppData\Local\Temp\77bbf7b5091c6f1991fd46cb9acf3a69_853323747.d2v" "E:\Dukto\Kenshin 1999\KENSHIN TEMPORADA 1\KENSHIN_VOL1_DVD1\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB" "E:\Dukto\Kenshin 1999\KENSHIN TEMPORADA 1\KENSHIN_VOL1_DVD1\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB"

Video frames seen: 34815
Progressive: 1
Repeat: 0
that looks fine. :/

Cu Selur
(06.03.2020, 22:47)Selur Wrote:
Quote:I tried it but not with debug enabled.
Okay,... and?
Close Hybrid, start Hybrid, load source, enable 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Use DGIndex instead of d2vwitch', try preview.

Quote:"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\vsfilters\SourceFilter\d2vSource\d2vwitch.exe" --output "C:\Users\ojetepelon\AppData\Local\Temp\77bbf7b5091c6f1991fd46cb9acf3a69_853323747.d2v" "E:\Dukto\Kenshin 1999\KENSHIN TEMPORADA 1\KENSHIN_VOL1_DVD1\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB" "E:\Dukto\Kenshin 1999\KENSHIN TEMPORADA 1\KENSHIN_VOL1_DVD1\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB"

Video frames seen:  34815
    Progressive:    1
    Repeat:          0
that looks fine. :/

Cu Selur

I attached a little debug 9 file in the previous post with the report of vapoursynth with DGIndex enabled.
Yeah, but there the d2v file already existed which is why Hybrid did not create it anew an used the old one. Wink

Cu Selur
(06.03.2020, 23:03)Selur Wrote: Yeah, but there the d2v file already existed which is why Hybrid did not create it anew an used the old one. Wink

Cu Selur

I Cleaned temp directory and do a new log.
Quote:Close Hybrid, start Hybrid, load source, enable 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Use DGIndex instead of d2vwitch', try preview.
Quote:I Cleaned temp directory and do a new log.
Hybrid still didn't create a new file since it assumed the cached file should still exist,...

My guess is that d2witch has some problem with the input, DGIndex might work, in case it also doesn't work there sadly is nothing I can do directly since I can't reproduce the issue and thus can't ast the authors of d2vwitch and DGIndex about it.

-> going to bed now

Cu Selur
(06.03.2020, 23:26)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Close Hybrid, start Hybrid, load source, enable 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Use DGIndex instead of d2vwitch', try preview.
Quote:I Cleaned temp directory and do a new log.
Hybrid still didn't create a  new file since it assumed the cached file should still exist,...

My guess is that d2witch has some problem with the input, DGIndex might work, in case it also doesn't work there sadly is nothing I can do directly since I can't reproduce the issue and thus can't ast the authors of d2vwitch and DGIndex about it.

-> going to bed now

Cu Selur

All I can do is give you de input to try to reproduce the error by yourself, I tried to use handbrake and it manage the input ok and start encoding wich is really strange -I dont know if they use vapoursynth or avisynth-.

I closed Hybrid & cleaned the directory before I performed the last debug report so if it don't create a new one I don't know what can I do.

Have a good night.
Handbrake does not use Avisynth or Vapoursynth (you can also tell Hybrid to not use them by setting 'Filtering->Support' to 'No XSynth'.

Quote:All I can do is give you de input to try to reproduce the error by yourself
If you can do that I can do some more testing.
Also try whether it changes anything if you:
a. move the source to a simple path like d:\source\DVD\KENSHIN_VOL1_DVD1\....
b. use another temp folder (i.e. d:\Temp, can be changed under Config->Path)
c. turn off your anti virus and firewall protection and other tools which might interfere with normal file access operations
( d. check if reencoding a normal file instead of a DVD works, just to know that this is a DVD input handling issue)

Cu Selur