Selur's Little Message Board
[BUG] Unable to properly recognize language in MKV container - Printable Version

+- Selur's Little Message Board (https://forum.selur.net)
+-- Forum: Hybrid - Support (https://forum.selur.net/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Problems & Questions (https://forum.selur.net/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: [BUG] Unable to properly recognize language in MKV container (/thread-3416.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Unable to properly recognize language in MKV container - Selur - 10.01.2024

I'll think about it.
Since, undefined is not a message tag one normally sets.
I might modify Hybrid to:
a. select it for selection and skipping
b. make sure that when writing tags instead of 'und' an empty string is written.

Cu Selur

Send you a link (via pm) to a dev version for testing.

Cu Selur

RE: Unable to properly recognize language in MKV container - Dan64 - 10.01.2024

Hello Selur,

In effect in MKV the language tag is: [und] -> Undeterminated

[Image: Tag-Und.jpg]

In MP4 the language tag can be absent, not necessary to specify [und] like MKV.

The last version is not fixing the problem. It is not possible to selected [Und] in Automation list (see picture)

[Image: Tag-List.jpg]

so if I add an mp4 with no language tag or an MKV with [ Undeterminated ] language tag, the audio is not included.

I think that the best option is to always include a subtitle or audio if the language tag is missing, blank or "Undeterminated"/"Unspecified".

Thanks,
Dan

Quote:I think that the best option is to always include a subtitle or audio if the language tag is missing, blank or "Undeterminated"/"Unspecified".
not happening.
I can look into adding non tagged streams if 'Undef (und - un)' is selected, but always including streams without tags will not happen.

Cu Selur

(10.01.2024, 18:40)Selur Wrote: I can look into adding non tagged streams if 'Undef (und - un)' is selected, but always including streams without tags will not happen.

The problem is that in mp4/avi containers the language tag can be unspecified, not available. The mkv is more robust and don't allows to don't specify the language tag and [und] is automatically added or enforced. So your management of  'Undef (und - un)'  should included all these situations. But in this case could be better to add an option in Automation to always included indeterminate language streams.

Send you a link to a dev version, which will treat empty language tags as 'und' during comparisons, thus when 'Undef (und - un)' is selected non-tagged and 'und' tagged streams should be selected. (did a quick test where it worked)

Cu Selur

The new dev. version is working as expected.

Thanks,
Dan