Selur's Little Message Board
[HELP] Can't install Hyrbid - Out of memory. - Printable Version

+- Selur's Little Message Board (https://forum.selur.net)
+-- Forum: Hybrid - Support (https://forum.selur.net/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Problems & Questions (https://forum.selur.net/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: [HELP] Can't install Hyrbid - Out of memory. (/thread-2207.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Can't install Hyrbid - Out of memory. - Selur - 03.04.2022

No clue on my end. Can't reproduce this here on any of my systems.

RE: Can't install Hyrbid - Out of memory. - ENunn - 03.04.2022

I had to install Hybrid in safe mode, so there's definitely something installed thats causing it. Can't pinpoint what it is though.

RE: Can't install Hyrbid - Out of memory. - Selur - 03.04.2022

Got any additional anti virus, firewall software or other software installed that might be monitoring the system?
Also if you run the installed while having the taskmanager open do you see which processes hook the memory?

Cu Selur

RE: Can't install Hyrbid - Out of memory. - Lloyd Dunamis - 07.04.2022

I've found the culprit processes that makes the installer freak out, at least on my side:
  • RivaTuner Statistics (RTSS.exe)
  • MSI Afterburner (MSIAfterburner)

I would lookup for handles via SysInternals' Process Explorer w/ Admin rights for more specifics, but whenever I run the query, the installer would be able to proceed installation even while the two culprit programs above are still running.
Even so, I don't have RivaTuner set to scan for Hybrid.exe, nor the other Hybrid files.

...Oh. If it were a handle/hook conflict, it would output this different message instead.

Further, when I click [Ignore] amongst the given choices, it pops the same "Out of Memory" error again on the file "32bit\api-ms-win-core-console-l1-1-0.dll".
When [Ignore]d again, it's able to install the rest of the files tho.

=====Appendix
Quote:Specs:
  • Updating Hybrid from 2021.04.xx to 2022.03.20
  • Windows 10 Home 1803
  • MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QD laptop, i7-5700HQ, 16GB RAM
  • Boot/Program storage @30GB free
  • Virtual Memory: min 16MB, current alloc. 12800MB
Other programs running (that could be suspected but doesn't affect):
  • Trend Micro Maximum Security (active)
  • TeamViewer
  • VMWare Tray Icon (no VMs running)
  • SteelSeries Engine 3
  • Gridcoin client
  • BOINC Manager
  • f.lux
  • Process Lasso
  • X-Mouse Button
  • NVidia Control Panel (SysTray)
  • cFosSpeed
  • MuMu Nebula (SysTray, no emu running)
  • Zoom
  • MS Teams

RE: Can't install Hyrbid - Out of memory. - Werve - 07.04.2022

I've had this problem for a few updates now and finally somehow managed to install them (just waiting at the error window for 10+ minutes with antivirus disabled).
But now that I have this error again this practice seems not to work.

Oddly now I can use Universal Extractor to extract the files from the setup (with previous versions that also gave an error). Can I just replace the old files to update?

I also have these programs installed (but I've tried closing processes without resolving):
  • TeamViewer
  • Gridcoin client
  • BOINC Manager
  • f.lux
  • Process Lasso
  • cFosSpeed
EDIT: Keeping these program closed and smashing retry button it started. But the PC was so slow that i needed to reopen Process Lasso.
Even with Process Lasso and Antivirus reopened the installer keep works after started and it never used more than 1.5 GB RAM.

RE: Can't install Hyrbid - Out of memory. - Selur - 07.04.2022

No clue whether it's helpful in any way, but to build the installer I use Inno Setup 6.2.0 from https://jrsoftware.org/isdl.php is used.

Quote:Can I just replace the old files to update?
Depending on how old your previous version is you might need to reset you defaults an settings.

RE: Can't install Hyrbid - Out of memory. - Selur - 07.04.2022

Just to be sure all the Windows base files are okay on your system, your might also want to check them in an 'Administrator: Command Prompt' using:
sfc /scannow

Cu Selur

RE: Can't install Hyrbid - Out of memory. - Werve - 08.04.2022

(16.12.2021, 14:36)Selur Wrote: In case it's interessting I' using 'Inno Stup Version 6.0.5' to build the installer.
I also attached the InnoInstallerScript I use.
I build the installer on a Windows 11 machine with 32GB ram and a Ryzen 9 3950x.
2021.07.18.1 release  was build on Windows 10 with 32GB ram and a Ryzen 7 1800x. (upgraded the system and the cpu)

Cu Selur

Where? maybe this is useful: https://jrsoftware.org/ishelp/index.php?topic=setup_lzmadictionarysize don't know if that change somethings on the decompression side.

(07.04.2022, 17:53)Selur Wrote: Just to be sure all the Windows base files are okay on your system, your might also want to check them in an 'Administrator: Command Prompt' using:
sfc /scannow

Cu Selur

No errors found.

Now I was able to install just rebooting the PC and start the setup meanwhile others program with auto-start are starting (nothing closed).

RE: Can't install Hyrbid - Out of memory. - Selur - 08.04.2022

Quote:Now I was able to install just rebooting the PC and start the setup meanwhile others program with auto-start are starting (nothing closed).
Okay, that is interessting. Then probably one of those programs in your auto-start is probably what is interfering with the installer.

Cu Selur

RE: Can't install Hyrbid - Out of memory. - Werve - 08.04.2022

My guess is that it is one of the ransomware protections that at this point I believe once activated even deactivated considers the setup decompression process as suspicious and blocks its execution.
Probably this rating is a Windows service that cannot be deactivated once started, and this would also explain why to others the installation worked in safe mode (which starts only the services of Microsoft).