This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Can't install Hyrbid - Out of memory.
Trying to install Hybrid but I'm getting an "Out of memory." error. I have 64GB of RAM, and my RAM usage is low. I've tried both the latest version of Hybrid and the last version, both are not working.
[Image: 7n3dP8a.png]

I tried rebooting and disabling Windows Defender, both didn't work. I'm running Win 11. I don't know how to reproduce this, it seems to be a random error. I was able to install Hybrid just fine with my last install, so I don't know what's up. Any help?
Okay, that's new.
Wild guess is that you are running some anti virus software or similar which does some strange stuff and has some problem with one of the tools in Hybrid.

Cu Selur
(10.12.2021, 22:41)Selur Wrote: Okay, that's new.
Wild guess is that you are running some anti virus software or similar which does some strange stuff and has some problem with one of the tools in Hybrid.

Cu Selur

I don't have any anti virus running, I even disabled Defender and it still doesn't work.
Okay, can you then give more details about your system?
What Windows? Is ist up-to-date? Any non-os stuff running while you try the installer?
Did you download Hybrid from selur.de or from some mirror?
What CPU are you using?
Is the system overclocked in any way? If it is try whether it changes anything if you clock it to stock values.

Cu Selur
(11.12.2021, 07:58)Selur Wrote: Okay, can you then give more details about your system?
What Windows? Is ist up-to-date? Any non-os stuff running while you try the installer?
Did you download Hybrid from selur.de or from some mirror?
What CPU are you using?
Is the system overclocked in any way? If it is try whether it changes anything if you clock it to stock values.

Cu Selur

Windows 11, I mentioned it in my initial post. Yes it's up to date.
I downloaded it from selur.de. I got the older version off Videohelp.
i7-8700k.
Nothing's overclocked.
Really strange. I send you a link via pm to my current dev version, let me know if that also happens with that version.

Cu Selur
(11.12.2021, 08:51)Selur Wrote: Really strange. I send you a link via pm to my current dev version, let me know if that also happens with that version.

Cu Selur

Thanks, but I'm getting the same error unfortunately.
Strange is that I haven't changed anything about the installer for ages only think I did was upgrade my cpu on my dev system.
But if it was a general issue with the installer tons of other users should be complaining as well.

Cu Selur
(11.12.2021, 09:07)Selur Wrote: Strange is that I haven't changed anything about the installer for ages only think I did was upgrade my cpu on my dev system.
But if it was a general issue with the installer tons of other users should be complaining as well.

Cu Selur

Yeah, and the weird part is that it's only happening with Hybrid, at least so far. I've installed some other stuff and I have no issues with them. It also installed fine on my last Windows install before I did a clean install. I don't know what's up. I tried DISM, I've tried sfc /scannow, rebooted, nothing has helped. :/
I just checked during compression&packaging the Inno Installer script eats ~27GB or RAM (basically all used for the compression with lzma), but the RAM usage during decompression and installation should be well below 4GB of RAM. Just checked,installer used ~1GB here, so my guess is still that there is something running on your system that is interfereing some how with the installer. (deinstaller only uses a few MB)

Cu Selur