This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Can't install Hyrbid - Out of memory.
Try to unpack with INNOUNP. (innounp.sf.net)

Maybe its W11's bug?!
Works fine on Windows 11 here. :/
My first idea is: the installer file is corrupted.
Did you download the installer a second time?
The size of the installer file must be 720 MB (737.293 KB / 754.987.235 Bytes / all with Windows Explorer).

What is the free space on drive C?
Where is the installer stored, drive C, drive D, ...?
Did you run a health check of the drives?

Am I right, that the installer starts the installation process and at some point you get an error message?
Is it always the same error message?

What user-rights are you working with at the installation: normal user or admin?
Try to install to a different folder (ex. D:\test), where you have complete access to write files.

As far as I have learnt, such an error message ("Out of memory") is just the information, that something went wrong, but the system can't tell what.

Best
Stephan
Maybe low VM ?
(11.12.2021, 09:19)Selur Wrote: I just checked during compression&packaging the Inno Installer script eats ~27GB or RAM (basically all used for the compression with lzma), but the RAM usage during decompression and installation should be well below 4GB of RAM. Just checked,installer used ~1GB here, so my guess is still that there is something running on your system that is interfereing some how with the installer. (deinstaller only uses a few MB)

Cu Selur

I have nothing else running during the install. Not even in the background.

(11.12.2021, 15:13)mk-will Wrote: My first idea is: the installer file is corrupted.
Did you download the installer a second time?
The size of the installer file must be 720 MB (737.293 KB / 754.987.235 Bytes / all with Windows Explorer).

Not corrupted, I downloaded the latest version, a dev version, and an older version several times. It was able to install perfectly fine on my last Windows install.

(11.12.2021, 15:13)mk-will Wrote: What is the free space on drive C?

It's not even close to being full. Around half free.

(11.12.2021, 15:13)mk-will Wrote: Where is the installer stored, drive C, drive D, ...?

In my downloads folder in my C drive.

(11.12.2021, 15:13)mk-will Wrote: Did you run a health check of the drives?

All healthy.

(11.12.2021, 15:13)mk-will Wrote: Am I right, that the installer starts the installation process and at some point you get an error message?

The moment the installation starts, it errors out.

(11.12.2021, 15:13)mk-will Wrote: Is it always the same error message?

Yep. Out of memory.

(11.12.2021, 15:13)mk-will Wrote: What user-rights are you working with at the installation: normal user or admin?

Tried both, same result.

(11.12.2021, 15:13)mk-will Wrote: Try to install to a different folder (ex. D:\test), where you have complete access to write files.

Same error.

(11.12.2021, 18:08)shazzla Wrote: Maybe low VM ?

I'm not even running a VM.

I have 64GB of RAM and plenty of free space. This should not be happening.
Ups. Sorry.

I mean Virtual Memory. Swap file,not Virtual Machine.
My mistake?!
Lightbulb 
AFAIK all the installer does is unpack Hybrid to the directory you specify.

Try this:

Download and run Universal Extractor (UniExtract.exe):
https://github.com/Bioruebe/UniExtract2/...actRC3.zip

Drag and drop (from Explorer) the Hybrid setup file (latest official is Hybrid_2021.12.12.1_SETUP.exe) onto the Universal Extractor window.

What happens? Do you still get the error? Does it give any more information?
Cannot unpack using latest INNOUNP ,but installs fine. Interesting... Big Grin
In case it's interessting I' using 'Inno Stup Version 6.0.5' to build the installer.
I also attached the InnoInstallerScript I use.
I build the installer on a Windows 11 machine with 32GB ram and a Ryzen 9 3950x.
2021.07.18.1 release was build on Windows 10 with 32GB ram and a Ryzen 7 1800x. (upgraded the system and the cpu)

Cu Selur
Did anyone ever figure this out?  I've not updated for quite a while but am getting this error when trying to install 2022.03.20:

[Image: x7AovYf.png]

I only use Windows Defender but it doesn't help if I turn that off.