This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Can't install Hyrbid - Out of memory.
If it were one of the 'normal' Windows services I would expect there to be more folks having this problem.

Cu Selur
I think so too, and it shouldn't work in safe mode either (although last time I checked in windows defender the ransomware protection is not active by default).

If that my guess is valid (the cause is ransomware protection) the ones on my system are:
- Acronis True Image 2019 (or upper versions)
- Kaspersky Antivirus
- HitmanPro Alert
Normally I would bet on "Kaspersky Antivirus", but in my systems the ransomware protection is disabled. (I use MalwareBytes for Ransomware&Co.)

Cu Selur
(07.04.2022, 07:41)Lloyd Dunamis Wrote: I've found the culprit processes that makes the installer freak out, at least on my side:
  • RivaTuner Statistics (RTSS.exe)
  • MSI Afterburner (MSIAfterburner)

Thank you! Had the same error (Out of memory) I turned off MSI Afterburner and RivaTurner and could install Hybrid.
After installation I turned it on again.
Thanks for the help. Disabled Afterburner and RTSS. Now I can install Hybrid.
(07.04.2022, 07:41)Lloyd Dunamis Wrote: I've found the culprit processes that makes the installer freak out, at least on my side:
  • RivaTuner Statistics (RTSS.exe)
  • MSI Afterburner (MSIAfterburner)

I would lookup for handles via SysInternals' Process Explorer w/ Admin rights for more specifics, but whenever I run the query, the installer would be able to proceed installation even while the two culprit programs above are still running.
Even so, I don't have RivaTuner set to scan for Hybrid.exe, nor the other Hybrid files.

...Oh. If it were a handle/hook conflict, it would output this different message instead.

Further, when I click [Ignore] amongst the given choices, it pops the same "Out of Memory" error again on the file "32bit\api-ms-win-core-console-l1-1-0.dll".
When [Ignore]d again, it's able to install the rest of the files tho.

solved👍👍👍