Selur's Little Message Board
[HELP] Cannot encode: "set absolute paths crashed,..." - Printable Version

+- Selur's Little Message Board (https://forum.selur.net)
+-- Forum: Hybrid - Support (https://forum.selur.net/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Problems & Questions (https://forum.selur.net/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: [HELP] Cannot encode: "set absolute paths crashed,..." (/thread-1287.html)

Pages: 1 2

Cannot encode: "set absolute paths crashed,..." - sunarowicz - 28.03.2020

Hello, I`m new to Hybrid. Tool seems very promising to me, but I was not able to do any encoding so far. Log says "set absolute paths crashed,...". Tried on fresh Hybrid_20200219_Linux installation on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS (64bit). Just set the Debug file and Output path in config. Every other setting not touched since installation. Tried to encode not only to x264, but to x265, Xvid. Everything failed in the same way.

Debug output is attached.

Thank you for helping.Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.

RE: Cannot encode: "set absolute paths crashed,..." - Selur - 28.03.2020

Quote:set absolute paths crashed,...
usually happens if a tool is missing,..
In your case Hybrid didn't find vspipe Smile
Setting the path under Config->Tools, saving the defaults and restarting Hybrid should help.

Cu Selur

RE: Cannot encode: "set absolute paths crashed,..." - sunarowicz - 29.03.2020

Thank you Selur for the hint.

The reason would be that VapourSynth is not installed. My bad, I thought it is bundled in Hybrid installation as I saw some VapourSynth based deinterlace filters to be available in Hybrid GUI.

But I`m really lost in how to get VapourSynth installed on Ubuntu. In Hybrid README is the following:

Quote:add Vapoursynth
1. download the latest Vapoursynth package over at selur.de
But I cannot find any such package at selur.de.

djcj`s PPA packages provide only old VapourSynth versions.

VapourSynth64-Portable-R49.7z from GitHub does not include any install-vs.sh script for installation.

On page 22 of the thread "[GUIDE] Ubuntu repository - maintained by djcj" you describe the installation steps using the vapoursynth_20190806.7z file. But Google finds only one occurrence of this file at all. In your mentioned post. BTW djcj mentions the similar installation steps using the 7z package and running the install-vs.sh script on page 21 of the same thread. But where to get such package?

Is the only way to get the up to date version of VapourSynth installed on Ubuntu the compilation from source code?

I`m sorry if I do miss something obvious, but I really do not now how to proceed with VapourSynth installation.

RE: Cannot encode: "set absolute paths crashed,..." - Selur - 29.03.2020

djcj`s ppa is a dead project nowadays since djcj is simply lacking the time and motivation.
see: https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?tid=18

We started working on a few scripts, see:
https://github.com/darealshinji/scripts -> Hybrid
using the build-plugins.sh the build-vapoursynth.sh and the deploy-vapoursynth.sh and reading the thread mentioned should allow you to setup Vapoursynth.
Initially I planned to create a Hybrid download which would include Vapoursynth, but that didn't work out.
----
iirc. your would need to use:
build-vapoursynth.sh to build vapoursynth
build-plugins.sh to build the plugins
deploy-vapoursynth.sh to bundle vapoursynth
install-vs.sh to install vapoursynth and the plugins
but since I didn't have the time and it's quite a bit since I last used this I'm not totally sure,...
I think I wrote this down in the other thread. Smile

Cu Selur

RE: Cannot encode: "set absolute paths crashed,..." - Selur - 29.03.2020

Used the script to make a Vapoursynth deployable which you should download and run the install_vs.sh script.
This should install Vapoursynth in a way that Hybrid should find it automatically iirc. Wink

Cu Selur

Thank you Selur for your support!

I already managed to install VapourSynth following the steps you posted me at morning. Just one finding. After launching the install-vs.sh script it complained that ~/opt/vapoursynth directory already exist. It was created by deploy-vapoursynth.sh if I recognized well. So I renamed it and ran install-vs.sh again and everything finished all right. I set the vspipe path in Tools config then.

BTW: SVT HEVC path is empty in Tools config too. Is that of any problem?

But Hybrid is now crashing to me from time to time because of Unauthorized memory access (SIGSEGV). I realized that already afternoon when tried to do some encoding. But didn't have time to investigate more. Now I ran Hybrid again and got SIGSEGV during application launch. I ran it again immediately and it finished its launching all right. I attach the terminal output of both launch attempts (there are several empty lines in between these two).

And here is the SIGSEGV that happened right at the beginning of encoding at 2020.03.29 - 23:06:03, see attached archive. No report file was made.

Edit: BTW there is another problem that prevents me to encode, see time 22_55_44. But on this later, now let's focus at the SIGSEGV issue. Thx.

RE: Cannot encode: "set absolute paths crashed,..." - Selur - 30.03.2020

Seems like theres an issue during the creation of the muxing job.
-> Please create a debug output level 9 of the job creation.

Cu Selur

RE: Cannot encode: "set absolute paths crashed,..." - sunarowicz - 30.03.2020

Here it is...

RE: Cannot encode: "set absolute paths crashed,..." - Selur - 30.03.2020

Okay, the muxing crashes since no debug output is available.
The crash is a bug, Hybrid should simply not create a debug output file. -> I'll fix that.
From the looks of it you are using "specific filesize/bitrate (1st pass)" which is just the first pass of a 2pass encoding.
You probably either want to use a '... (1-pass)'-method or use 2pass encoding.

Cu Selur

Ps.: will be fixed in next release.