This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

E-AC3 again!?
(04.08.2023, 18:53)Selur Wrote: Additionally:

DVD-Video, DTS only:
755 big endian
1509 big endian
are standard compliant

Blu-Ray only:
192 big endian
256 big endian
320 big endian
384 big endian
448 big endian
512 big endian
640 big endian
755 big endian
960 big endian
1152 big endian
1344 big endian
1509 big endian
are standard compliant

=> your receiver probably only supports DVD compliant DTS.

But if that were the case, why is it not problem for my hardware BD player to bitstream dts to my receiver ?
According to the info my receiver gets .. the input signal is infact DTS , not pcm or any downmix ...

Same odd thing with e-ac3.... when i encode to eac3, no sound.. Yet i have DL an EAC3 sample and putted in an ts container , and that does seem to bitstream just fine on all my devices ... desktop included !!!

something is not right !! but what ...

cheers,
Sounds like something is either wrong with the way you bitstream the content to your receiver or your settings in the receiver.
=> no really Hybrid related. (folks over at https://www.avsforum.com/ can probably help)

Cu Selur
------
offline 02.-07. July, https://www.rockharz-festival.com/ Big Grin
(04.08.2023, 19:01)Selur Wrote: Sounds like something is either wrong with the way you bitstream the content to your receiver or your settings in the receiver.
=> no really Hybrid related. (folks over at https://www.avsforum.com/ can probably help)

Cu Selur

Could it?  I mean, either you set it up to passthrough (bitstream) or you don't!?!
I mean, not many settings / options to play with regarding that ↑ !!

anyway, i have made an thread about it at github..

cheers,
TD
github, why github Huh
------
(04.08.2023, 19:06)Selur Wrote: github, why github Huh

Lav Filters  Rolleyes  → Bitstream issue desktop for instance ... 
I wouldn't be the first having issue's with lav & passthrough from the looks of my findings there !

I mean, the problem doesn't ocure so much on my stand alone hardware equipment but in software players !!
And my priority is and alway's has been compatibility between systems regarding playback of media files ..

you never know when (not if) some hardware breaks... you know!!

cheers,
TD
Had no issues, when bitstreaming with MPC-HC (which uses lavfilter) to my Onky when I had it connected to my PC,...
------
(04.08.2023, 19:12)Selur Wrote: Had no issues, when bitstreaming with MPC-HC (which uses lavfilter) to my Onky when I had it connected to my PC,...

Aha.. Onkyo.. ← keyword.. Big Grin  Have had one these too in the past.. 

Still using the speakers from it for my 7.1.2 dolby atmos setup  Cool

cheers,
TD

... just this... 

Did you playback the dts sample in mpc using lav's default settings ?  
Appart from the bitstream settings, wich are ?

In mpc any particular setting that might cause conflicts ?
But then again, lav is implemented in mpc player nowday's i have noticed.. 

Yet , are you using an external filter for lav, or mpc internal wich is also lav nowday's ..

you don't need to install lav filters additionally anymore ..

cheers,
TD
Update

Is it possible that it might be a software player issue after all !!!??

I have just downloaded an DTS sample from here → DTS 96/24bit 5.1 → MediaInfo
And the sample play / bitstreamed fine from my stand alone bd player to my receiver, but only pcm in powerdvd & mpc-hc !!

i wonder..

EDIT:  IAM SHOCKED TO FIND OUT , THAT RECEIVERS SOLD IN 2023 STILL DON'T SUPPORT BITSTREAMING FOR ALL AUDIO FORMATS !!

Appearantly, my newest soundbar does support All dolby formats (atmos included) , but not its counterpart "DTS" ... IAM REALY SHOCKED AN APPALLED  Huh  
My other receiver denon AVR-x2600h, you can throw just about anyting at it .. it will passthrough all formats ... !!

cheers,
td
Usual issues are:
a. misconfigured player (software filter)
b. misconfigured graphic drivers (since bit-streaming usually goes through hdmi port, and some drivers need to be configured to support bit streaming)
c. misconfigured receiver (some receivers need to be specially configured to support bit streaming)
c. wrong cable / connection (toslink only supports stereo and 5.1 bit-streaming, not all receivers support bit-streaming at all ports)
d. issues with hardware in pc
e. issues with chip in receiver

Assuming you consulted the manual or the support of the manufacturer and your receiver does not support bit-streaming, it really is sad (but not unheard of).

Cu Selur
------
(05.08.2023, 08:04)Selur Wrote: Usual issues are:
a. misconfigured player (software filter)
b. misconfigured graphic drivers (since bit-streaming usually goes through hdmi port, and some drivers need to be configured to support bit streaming)
c. misconfigured receiver (some receivers need to be specially configured to support bit streaming)
c. wrong cable / connection (toslink only supports stereo and 5.1 bit-streaming, not all receivers support bit-streaming at all ports)
d. issues with hardware in pc
e. issues with chip in receiver

Assuming you consulted the manual or the support of the manufacturer and your receiver does not support bit-streaming, it really is sad (but not unheard of).

Cu Selur

Yes, iam baffled receivers sold nowday's still don't support all and especialy OLD formats by now  Sad !!

Especialy when you consider the price tags of these things... take the brand Marantz for example, these things can go up to 5000€ from that brand  Confused !!  
And only 2 year waranty  Dodgy !!

But Selur, 

Now that we know that my new bhought Soundbar wich is an "Philips 8505/10",  only supports Dolby so it seems..  

The question still remains....

I have encoded not only that infamouos DTS track to → E-AC3 !?  But i have that issue with other media files too !!

And for some reason, when i try to bitstream an media file with the eac3 track i have encoded myself, NONE ABSOLUTE NONE of my DEVICES bitstreams the signal !!

NOT my philips soundbar wich we know favors Dolby company... BUT NOT EVEN my Denon device aswell  Huh !!!

BUT, and this is realy puzzling me...  the EAC3 sample i have DL from HERE do play nice (bitstreaming) in all my devices !??

Now, that EAC3 issue i have had for an Looooong TIme !!!

Something to do with the way its encoded ?

EDIT:  to find out if it's an encode issue or not, i have taken that sample i have downloaded, and ran it thourhg hybrid to encoded it to EAC3...
Guess what, AGAIN → no SOUND  Huh  ..  I haven't changed anything about the sample like sample rate etc... only bitrate wich you need to choose... so ..! Huh

Cheers,
TD