This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Avisynth setup under linux
I have been through 160+ Hybrid pages at Doom9 and discovered that 90% there is windows related.
Pity I did not have the page that you linked earlier. it should be included with the files you distribute for linux.

Moved the contents of Avisynth Extension (excluding the avisynthPlugins) from Program Files to SysWOW64
and deleted the 4 files I previously copied to /usr/bin

attached output6.txt

Attempted to load an avs script relating to a vob file but Hybrid gave  ERROR " Didn't find a 'Frame rate' info node ->stream will be ignored

Loading the same vob direct into Hybrid gave no issue and I was able to locate filters and see a preview.
Unfortunately not in a state to evaluate further at the moment . Am not worried about not being able to load avs scripts because as
long as I can use my regular avisynth filters, I will be content.

Thanks again
Good work
Quote:Attempted to load an avs script relating to a vob file but Hybrid gave ERROR " Didn't find a 'Frame rate' info node ->stream will be ignored
That happens if your source can't be properly analysed by avsInfo.
The console output on startUp doesn't help at all with such problems. Smile

What is the content of the avisynth script you used?
Create a debug output level 9 of the analysis of your script.

Cu Selur

Ps.: Hoping to phase out Avisynth (at least on Linux and Mac) more and more since Vapoursynth is faster on multicore (4+) systems, 64bit and available for both Linux and Mac.
To be honest, the avs script I tried was not written to be run on Linux so little wonder there is an error. I need to recompose and change some paths etc.
I plan to run some encoding over the next few days but meantime am busy trying to find or build missing packages.
Important Avisynth filters for the sort of work that I do are QTGMC, TFM (TIVTC), FFT3DFilter and nnedi3_rpow2.
Currently I use MEGUI and Virtualdub with Avisynth on win7x64. AVS scripts are employed for both especially batch processing via MEGUI.

I would not object to losing avisynth on Linux and getting away from Wine providing the same or equivalent filters were available. Getting vapoursynth on my system has so far proven impossible due to lack of source that I can build and doesn't create dependency conflicts with what is already on my system.
Quote:To be honest, the avs script I tried was not written to be run on Linux so little wonder there is an error. I need to recompose and change some paths etc.
Then I'm not surprised that avsInfo can't analyse it properly,...
I have noticed, that unless Hybrid auto-detects the tools one ihas to place a copy from SysWOW64 to somewhere under the /usr tree such as /usr/bin because under Config >> Tools I cannot point Hybrid to /root for example nor find /.wine.

After I moved all the tools to SysWOW64, I noticed that Hybrid had lost AVSMeter so to fix it I made a copy to /usr/bin and then via Config Tools pointed Hybrid to the AVSMeter.exe copied there. 

Another problem, I have lsdvd-0.17.x86_64 on my system and it works because I have launched it via the terminal and it read a dvd however Hybrid does not see it in usr/bin and no matter what I do, I cannot point Hybrid to it.

Similarly, I have opus-1.1.1-x86_64 which is not being detected but I am not concerned about that because I have no intention of coding with opus anyway.

Unable to load the following simple script which gives same error as before.

FFvideosource("/tmp/build/VTS_02_1.vob")
AssumeTFF()
SeparateFields()
return(last)

I am repeatedly experiencing a segmentation fault error on startup

The saga continues
Hybrid isn't intended to be run as root or a user using admin privileges, so no clue whether it might wipe your hdd or not. Smile
  • why copy when you could use symlinks?
  • regarding finding tools Hybrid uses
    • 'which' to find files
    • checks next to the hybrid binary and in '/usr/bin/'

lsdvd -> Hybrid searches for a binary called 'lsvd', if your file isn't named like that Hybrid won't look for it.

FFvideosource("/tmp/build/VTS_02_1.vob")
    AssumeTFF()
    SeparateFields()
    return(last)
    You are not loading the filter that provides FFVideoSource, this probably will not work.

Cu Selur
I avoid symlinks as much as possible, they can get messy.

lsdvd is just that lsdvd. Why is Hybrid calling something else ? that should be changed.
Anyway; I tried a workaround solution by making a copy of lsdvd, renaming it to lsvd and put it into /usr/bin
but Hybrid did not find it so I removed it.

The script is a simple interlacing check.
FFvideosource is an avisynth function and doesn't need to be loaded like some plugins.

Which is not so good. find or locate are much better.
Sorry, that was a typo name is 'lsdvd'. Smile

Quote:FFvideosource is an avisynth function and doesn't need to be loaded like some plugins.
No it's not. FFVideoSource is a function of FFMS2 (https://github.com/FFMS/ffms2).

On Windows, <ou just don't have to call it manually if you placed the library it belongs to into your avisynth autoload folder.
Hybrid has odd behaviour.
Sometime tools are listed in config but when I reload they disappear.
Which finds lsdvd but as you can see from the attached screenshot Hybrid fails to list it.

Made another attempt with the SeparateFields script.
I changed paths and this time it sort of loaded but avisynth preview crashed with error attached.
By using the preview, this script enables one to step through frames to identify if there is
interlacing and the frame sequence;

The revised script:

LoadPlugin(:c:\Program Files\Avisynth Extension\AvisynthPlugins\FFMS2k\ffms2.dll")
FFvideosource("c:\video\VTS_02_1.vob")
AssumeTFF()
SeparateFields()
returnlast)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My conclusion:
Hybrid is far too buggy
Probably because you are trying to employ too many features and mixing with win on linux

Just attempted to load a vob and apply tivtc  absolutely no script or avisynth filter but just keep crashing

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)