This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] What noise is that?
Video 
Hi, dont know what kind of noise is that, I try a lot of filter but dont go away..only ezdenoise up to 8 but are too strong and ruined video...
I'm not a pro in video editing, I work for personal use, so maybe I dont put the right filter and value...

Attached Files
.zip   example.zip (Size: 1,11 MB / Downloads: 12)
Looks like ringing artifacts which got compressed too strong.
Assuming this is a reencode if your source and the source does not have so strong compression artifacts, de-ringing filters might help.

Would need an uncropped sample to suggest anything specific. (upload it somewhere and share a link here or send it to me via pm and I can look at it after work)

Cu Selur

Ps: using BasicVSR++:
[Image: grafik.png]
Smile 
Thanks for the reply, here are a shot clip unedited, maybe there are other noise

Attached Files
.7z   vlc-record-2024-10-04-18h51m23s-NEW-.7z (Size: 2,39 MB / Downloads: 12)
Had a quick go at it, using aWarpSharp with depth set to 32 and planes set to 'chroma only' helps with the chroma halos.
Either SCUNet (requires torch- or vs-mlrt-addon) or DeblockQED_aWarpSharp-16-onlyChroma-TemporalDegrain2-mlClean-FineDehalo help with the noise.
see: here.
Tweaking the settings and probably using a less compressed source (capturing should always be either without reencoding when capturing streams or lossless) might allow preserving more details.

Problem is, the original source was sharpened (which causes halos and ringing) and overly compressed, which turned the artifacts caused by the sharpening into the mess you have.

Cu Selur

Ps.: BasicVSR++ is too aggressive for the whole image.
Thanks for your attemp, now I also think its a bit oversharpened..the first sample with scunet look good, maybe look a bit painted...maybe in some close-up in the face make another effect...

So that sample can be better?

Attached Files
.7z   vlc-record-2024-10-07-20h25m18s-VTS_01_1.VOB-.mpg.7z (Size: 11,22 MB / Downloads: 13)
Using aWarpsharp2 with Depth 32 on chroma only and then SCUNet, I get:
Using SCUNet and then aWarpsharp2 with Depth 32 on chroma only, I get:

You could add some sharpening or even try CodeFormer(on some sources CodeFormer will perform well, on others not; CodeFormer requires the torchAddon) or maybe both.

If content seems too flat after denoising, try adding some grain.

You could even use some machine learning based upscaler:
(side note: Hybrid currently does not allow switching the resizer per scene and when using machine learning based resizers/filters make sure to check different scene, since their effects can vary a lot depending on the scene/source )

There is ton if stuff you can do, but it will require computational power, tweaking to find good value and time. Smile
=> Happy tweaking and finding the best settings for your preferences.

Cu Selur

Ps.: if you got the time and motivation, you can adjust settings per scene.
That screen look good, expecially the last 3...

But where are scunet? I dont find in hybrid... Confused

My "goal" is try to clean noise, sharp and generally enhance detail...make image most real...

Sometime I use for preset

deinterlace - custom
preset - placebo
match preset - placebo
temporal smoothing - 2
source matching - 2x
sharpness - 1

resize - output 1:1 square pixel from 720x480 at 720x540
resize lanczos

degrain - stpresso
denoise - ccd - 4
denoise - knlmeanscl - channels yuv
derainbow - decross

sharpen - cas - 0.750 chroma only

frame - interpolation - rife v4 double fps (59.94)
frame - resize - nnedi3
line - aaf - edge

But its not perfect...
I see lost details, skin pores in face, cheeks...
Confused

Attached Files
.7z   Desktop.7z (Size: 7,52 MB / Downloads: 6)
Quote: But where are scunet? I dont find in hybrid... Confused
Like SCUNet requires the torch-addon which will only work on NVIDIA GPUs.
(the torch-addon is on my GoogleDrive, liked on the download page)

Quote:preset - placebo
match preset - placebo
total waste in my point of view

Try adding FineDetail as additional sharpener.

Cu Selur
FineDetail => meant FineSharp or DetailSharpen Big Grin

Quote: expecially the last 3...
I used FineSharp and for the last additionally FeMaSR.
I've downloaded the file...if I had known it before... Sad
So now I make test from begin... Smile

In the filters there are also this?
GitHub - IceClear/StableSR: [IJCV2024] Exploiting Diffusion Prior for Real-World Image Super-Resolution