This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Settings for AVCHD 2.0 Progressive compliant file, playback
I just want to have encoded video as 1080 50p/60p in a "future proof" way, trying to follow some standards to not have in the future problems.
If I encode completely unrestricted with none BluRay compliant settings, the HW media player, PC of course plays that file, but how to make sure it will be played by all players in the future.

This is why I wanted to use AVCHD 2.0/BDAV, according to specs that recorded BDAV on BD-R has to be compatible with all BluRay players and play 1080 50p/60p. And it does.

OK, never mind, I do not want to waste your time.

I will use none AVCHD compliant file.
Will be OK to archive on HDD, distribute to family members/others on SSD media or so, hoping their players will play.

What format x264 settings would be recommended for those 1080 50p/60p files to encode, should just use as what I experimented:
·       Restrictions>Hardware, and sets ->Blu-ray/AVCHD
It sets all x264 parameters. After I disable Hardware, using Unrestricted, changing Level to 4.2.
·       x264>Rate Control> (VBV)> Medium Limit> BD25/50 x1, it sets Buffer Size and Fill Rate to 24,000.

That way I am getting setting close to BluRay compliant, resulting in only on red flag for not AVCHD HDMV compliancy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1920x1080 60p Blu Ray compliancy - by Rokoko33 - 05.03.2021, 18:15