This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Settings for AVCHD 2.0 Progressive compliant file, playback
Well, I still need to find a way to encode to 1080 50p/60p AVCHD 2.0 compliant files, if I want to use TMPGEnc authoring SW and cut unwanted scenes, join files together, making video without re-encoding.

I did an experiment with my camcorder’s 1080 60p file that is AVCHD 2.0 compliant.
I demuxed it with tsMuxer, re-muxed it back. It resulted in a good AVCHD 2.0 compliant file.
It means the problem is not the muxing, it has to be x264 encoded video file parameters.

If I encode with Hybrid 1280x720 50p file, it all good.
It means it is not something in the header that Hybrid cannot insert.

But it has to be something in the header since inputting file in to TMPGEnc, the Clip Checker shows the file parameters and AVCHD 2.0 none compliance instantly (takes approx. 50ms to show 43 min file video properties).
It does  not go through file analysis that would take some time.
It means it has to be something in the header, correct?

I was also trying MeGUI (opening same file though simple Avisynth script) with kind of similar x264 settings, no luck, and same problem.

There is something with x264 settings.

I read that TMPGEnc uses same x264 encoder, but those guys somehow know how to set it up for AVCHD 2.0 compliant file.

I have seen you posted a question on ttps://gleitz.info/forum, looks like no one knows there either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1920x1080 60p Blu Ray compliancy - by Rokoko33 - 09.03.2021, 01:27