This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

QSVEncC/NvEnc does not support 'mpeg-4 visual'.
F:\Hybrid\64bit>NVEncC --avhw  --avi -i "G:\TestClips&Co\files\test.avi" --fps 25.000 --codec av1 --sar 1:1 --lookahead 32 --output-depth 10 --vbr 0 --vbr-quality 23.00 --aq --aq-strength 5 --aq-temporal --gop-len 0 --ref 6 --multiref-l0 3 --multiref-l1 3 --bframes 3 --bref-mode auto --no-b-adapt --mv-precision Q-pel --preset quality --colorrange limited --colormatrix bt470bg --vpp-resize algo=auto --output-res 640x352 --vpp-gauss disabled --vpp-nlmeans sigma=0.005,h=0.05,patch=5,search=11,fp16=blockdiff --cuda-schedule sync --output "J:\tmp\test_new_1_2024-07-31@15_28_38_2110_01.av1"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
J:\tmp\test_new_1_2024-07-31@15_28_38_2110_01.av1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
avi: failed to decode avi file.
failed to initialize file reader(s).
Failed to open input file.
Fails here.

Okay, when I remove the "--avi", it works. Big Grin

From the looks of it, hardware decoding of MPEG-4 ASP and other formats not mentioned in my previous post, still do not work, but NVEncC&Co switches to software decoding (then loads the raw data to the gpu) and allows using the hardware filtering options. Smile

=> I created a new dev for testing where I disabled those job checks (and only add '--avi' when '--avhw' isn't used).
Uploaded it to the experimental-folder in my GoogeDrive.
Let me know whether that works for your files.

Cu Selur

Messages In This Thread
RE: QSVEncC/NvEnc does not support 'mpeg-4 visual'. - by Selur - 31.07.2024, 16:10