This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

4:2:2 high profile encoded video not playing
(13.09.2024, 20:12)Selur Wrote: I'm pretty sure this is not a bug in Hybrid or x264, but simply that not many tools support H.264 with 4:2:2 color sampling.
That could be it.
I've just finished encoding a .h264 file with i420 colorspace, work's just fine.

Vaporsynth is working and so are all of the filters I need, let's hope it stays that way 🤞

I tried progressive, upperfield, lowerfield de-interlacing but I get wavvy lines on text a bit like something having sharp edges but the de-interlacing is fine on the actual picture.

When encoded progressive hybrid does nothing to the file interlacing can be seen (2 separate fields) with a combing like effect but when ignore input scan type selected with upperfield first the combing effect goes away.

I might have to read your sticky note on de-interlaced and progressive content and try and understand.

I thank you for all the help.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4:2:2 high profile encoded video not playing - by VCRvideocapturing - 13.09.2024, 21:03