This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

4K transcoding problem with NVENC (outdated false limitation in Hybrid)
  • Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.

Hello!

I read the previous article: https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?tid=80

I have a Geforce GTX 1060 card in my PC, my father had an 1050TI, both Card support 4K transcoding with NVENC, however Hybrid does not allow the transcoding of 4K videos with the normal NVENC settings, because of MAX MB per sec limitation was automatically set to Hybrid. It is however not correct for Nvidia Pascal Geforce 1050 1060 1070 1080 series of cards, especially after the new drivers.

I could transcode 4K videos with NVENC on my computer and on my father's computer without any problems in Staxrip, MEdiacoder, Xmedia Recode, nvenc supporting plugins for Premiere Pro and other softwares. So it is clear a proof, that there is no limit on these Geforce cards and new drivers in the case of 4K videos.

Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
4K transcoding problem with NVENC (outdated false limitation in Hybrid) - by No limit - 06.09.2018, 09:06