This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] NVEnc on 2020.08.02.1 gives black video
(16.08.2020, 12:33)Selur Wrote: Since x264, x265 and NVEnc all fail my guess would be that it's a problem with the decoding.
In case you use Avisynth or Vapoursynth it might be a bug in the SourceFilter if you don't use either of them then it might be a problem with the libav or ffmpeg. In case hardware decoding is used, it might also be a problem with the drivers (complete deinstallation and a clean install might help then).
1. Would need a debug output to see what the decoder call and potentially used scripts looks like.
2. Would need a small sample with which you can reproduce the problem so I can see if I can reproduce this problem here.

Cu Selur

Thank you for your quick reply. 

I don't use Avisynth  or Vapoursynth. I just need to reduce size of the video files. I've sent you link to input file and two output files:
1. Encoded with x264. No debug file
2. Encoded with NVEnc (h265) together with debudg file. 

Version 2020.06.21 still works well. 

Regards
Tom

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVEnc on 2020.08.02.1 gives black video - by tomek398 - 16.08.2020, 22:37