This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Avisynth srestore & filter order
1. Processing short video works fine, however attempt to process whole clip approx 3.5 mins throws an error: "Output Buffer too large" (without audio)
2. Processing video(short/whole doesn't matter) with Audio: auto add(first) , that PCM in my case, in AVI or ProRes throws an error (no filters assigned, see pic)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:Processing short video works fine, however attempt to process whole clip approx 3.5 mins throws an error: "Output Buffer too large" (without audio)
+
Requested buffer size of 2799360000 is too large
-> Requested buffer size of 2799360000 is too large
could not get PVideoFrame data (0)
(from the debug output)
This happens because your script eats too much RAM for Avisynth 32bit to handle.
Assuming you got enough RAM in your system, use 64bit Avisynth.

The other is a parsing error, will look at it. -> wasn't a parsing error, but a mistake in the cleanUp-job creation, will send you a link to a fixed version in ~30min.

Cu Selur
1. Attempt to change Color Matrix for 10bit video caused an error :"Avisynth preview error: -> ConvertToYV16: only 8 bit sources allowed"
2. Original video source is 720x486. Using TIVTC with "internal" de-interlacer works fine, however attempt to assign QTGMC caused an error (see attached).
I believe that error because of frame height 486px.
Cropping before de-interlacing will break the field structure (IMHO), but I can't test that because Crop/Resize doesn't work (see attached).
Quote:Cropping before de-interlacing will break the field structure (IMHO),
it should not.

Quote:Attempt to change Color Matrix for 10bit video caused an error :"Avisynth preview error: -> ConvertToYV16: only 8 bit sources allowed"
Does the normal Avisynth Preview ('Filter view' disabled) work?
-> will look at it during the week

Quote:2. Original video source is 720x486. Using TIVTC with "internal" de-interlacer works fine, however attempt to assign QTGMC caused an error (see attached).
Works fine here will need a sample and a step-by-step on how to reproduce this here.

Cu Selur
ColorMatrix issue seems to be that ColorMatrix only supports YV12 and YUY2 and not YV16.

Cu Selur
(24.01.2021, 21:16)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Cropping before de-interlacing will break the field structure (IMHO),
it should not.

Quote:Attempt to change Color Matrix for 10bit video caused an error :"Avisynth preview error: -> ConvertToYV16: only 8 bit sources allowed"
Does the normal Avisynth Preview ('Filter view' disabled) work?
-> will look at it during the week

Quote:2. Original video source is 720x486. Using TIVTC with "internal" de-interlacer works fine, however attempt to assign QTGMC caused an error (see attached).
Works fine here will need a sample and  a step-by-step on how to reproduce this here.

Cu Selur
Step-by-step:
1.Load "sample"
2.Reset filters
3.Overwrite input scan type to "telecine"
4.Assign TIVTC with QTGMC (any)
5.Click "Filter View" or try to output video (any format)

Here the sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K7r4goG...sp=sharing 

The reason "I believe that error because of frame height 486px.", is because upon assign QTGMC, console shows "Avisynth preview error: -> SeparateFields: YUV420 height must be multiple of 4"

P.S. Just tied the same source/VIVTC/QTGMC in Vapoursynth - works fine
Quote:SeparateFields: YUV420 height must be multiple of 4"
Yes, that is correct.
Hybrid is not capable of automatically adding additional borders during color conversions.
-> moving the crop filter to the top is probably the only choice here with Avisynth.

That said the issue with QTGMC and IVTC is probably something else when 'Filter view' + Avisynth is used, since it also crashes for me with mod4 height.

I fixed the YUY2 vs. YV16 problem with ColorMatrix here.
Downloaded the source.
Will test when I have the time during the next week, not sure when and if I find the time.

As a side note: You might want to use Vapoursynth.

Cu Selur
Looks like it's a bug in avsViewer, since the generated code:
# loading source: C:\Users\Selur\Desktop\hotel._10bit.mov
#  color sampling YUY2@10, matrix: bt601, scantyp: telecine, luminance scale: limited
LWLibavVideoSource("C:\Users\Selur\Desktop\HOTEL_~1.MOV",cache=false,format="YUV422P16", prefer_hw=0)
# current resolution: 720x486
# deinterlace since the filter does not support interlaced content
AssumeBFF().TDeint(mode=1)
# cropping
Crop(0,2,0,0)# 720x484
# joining fields
AssumeBFF().Separatefields().Selectevery(4,0,3).Weave()
# Dithering from 16 to 8bit for ColorMatrix
ConvertBits(8)
ConvertToYUY2(interlaced=true)
# color modifications
ColorMatrix(mode="Rec.601->FCC",clamp=3,interlaced=true,hints=false)
# deinterlacing
ConvertToYV16(interlaced=true)
ConvertToYV12(interlaced=true)
A2 = last
A2 = A2.QTGMC(Preset="fast", ediThreads=2, FPSDivisor=2)
TFM(mChroma=true,clip2 = A2)
TDecimate(cycleR=1,cycle=5,noblend=true,nt=0,blockx=32,blocky=32,chroma=true,denoise=false,ssd=false,display=false)
AssumeFrameBased()
PreFetch(8)
# setting output fps to 23.976fps
AssumeFPS(24000,1001)
#  output: color sampling YV12@8, matrix: FCC, scantyp: progressive, luminance scale: limited
return last
works fine in AvsPmod. -> this will probably take the whole week to hunt down and fix
(note that I moved the crop to the top)

Cu Selur
(24.01.2021, 22:07)Selur Wrote:
Quote:SeparateFields: YUV420 height must be multiple of 4"
Yes, that is correct.
Hybrid is not capable of automatically adding additional borders during color conversions.
-> moving the crop filter to the top is probably the only choice here with Avisynth.

That said the issue with QTGMC and IVTC is probably something else when 'Filter view' + Avisynth is used, since it also crashes for me with mod4 height.

I fixed the YUY2 vs. YV16 problem with ColorMatrix here.
Downloaded the source.
Will test when I have the time during the next week, not sure when and if I find the time.

As a side note: You might want to use Vapoursynth.

Cu Selur
The problem with Vapoursynth is that the ported filters behaves differently than original. VIVTC produce weird results distorting some frame instead of decimate them.
And Vapoursynth doesn't respect 10bit either - many filters just "get mad".
I was wrong when said that VIVTC + QTGMC works fine - it simply has no effect regardless of selected de-interlacer (probably mod4 height issue also exists) .
Ability to re-position the crop filter to the top and  Resize after all might work.

dev_2021.01.24-213020 TIVTC + QGTMC and color matrix work fine now without cropping. Continue to evaluate.
Still in testing process. Have some issues with 64 bit Avisynth. I'll report you later.
Meantime I'd suggest you to take a look at the sharpening Avisynth/Vapoursynth plugin "CAS" - https://gpuopen.com/fidelityfx-cas/
https://github.com/HomeOfVapourSynthEvol...rSynth-CAS
I'm using it, and in my opinion it way outperforms all known "sharpeners" and deserves attention.
Also YAHR for Avisynth would not be superfluous (anyway you have it among Vapoursynth filters)