This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Enable HDR10 to SDR in NVEnc
Hybrid Windows : rev 2020.02.19.1

I noted that NVEnc is able to converts the colorspace. In particular is able to perform the HDR10 to SDR conversion.
It would be very nice if you could add the support for it in Hybrid.
I think it's stupid to do a blind HDR->SDR conversion without checking the color conversion in a preview beforehand (which is why I would use Vapoursynth for the job) so I would not recommend to use that option, but I'll look into adding support for it.

Cu Selur
In effect this is another feature missing. Currently when I have to use the NVEnc filters, which are much faster, I generated a small test sample (about 1-5 min) to test the change of parameters. This is quite tedious, but the increase in speed is able to compensate the effort.
Posted questions regarding hdr2sdr over at https://github.com/rigaya/NVEnc/issues/204 since I'm not sure how the command lines should look like.
If you know the ansers to the questions please share.

Cu Selur