This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] NVEnc HDR options
Dear Selur
Why NVEnc HDR options can't use?
If I want to encode HDR video what can I do?
[Image: -2020-03-13-142357.png]
Since it's a H.265 option, it's only a available when "NVEnc->Base->Codec" is set to 'h265'.
Whether NVEnc supports H.265 depends on your graphic card and your drivers.
If you update the drivers make sure to clear the tools cache: "Config->Tools->Clear all cached tool infos"

Cu Selur
(15.03.2020, 12:53)Selur Wrote: Since it's a H.265 option, it's only a available when "NVEnc->Base->Codec" is set to 'h265'.
Whether NVEnc supports H.265 depends on your graphic card and your drivers.
If you update the drivers make sure to clear the tools cache: "Config->Tools->Clear all cached tool infos"

Cu Selur
My PC is 3700X + RTX2070
After I press [Clear all cached tool infos] button,it still can't use HDR options
[Image: 1817bfa30e4a7c2b7.png]
[Image: 20b3356c07d911238.png]
No clue, why this is happening to you. Doesn't happen here.
The 'Misc'-tab looks like 'h264' is still selected.

Does this also happen if you:
a. reload the the default settings and configure NVEnc afterwards
b. reset all you defaults

Cu Selur
(15.03.2020, 16:16)Selur Wrote: No clue, why this is happening to you. Doesn't happen here.
The 'Misc'-tab looks like 'h264' is still selected.

Does this also happen if you:
a. reload the the default settings and configure NVEnc afterwards
b. reset all you defaults

Cu Selur
I switch h.265 to h.264,then switch back h.265,HDR options can use
But the configure can't save
Every time Launch hybrid must switch again
I think I found the problem, seems like H.265 is not properly set when it is saved to the defaults. (loading a saved profile works fine)
-> will look into it.

Cu Selur
Found the culprit. Model was working fine but the connection to the associated UI elements had a typo during initialization.
Will send you a dev version for testing in ~1/2 hour via PM.

Cu Selur
I notice NVEnC 4.60 add this option[--master-display copy --max-cll copy],it can copy metadata directly
Hope you add it to hybrid
https://github.com/rigaya/NVEnc/releases/tag/4.60
probably will
Looked at it and there's no need to implement support for it. Tongue
Enabling:
  • "Light Level + from Input" (<> --master-display copy), and
  • "Master Display + from Input" (<> --max-cll copy)
does the same thing and these options work even when hardware decoding isn't used.
So implementing an 'copy'-option wouldn't offer any additional functionality.

Cu Selur