This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] i want to know Hybrid can do the same thing?
forgive me a rookie, i have some DVD, and i want to convert them as high definition as possible.

so i found this on youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDbwmaKfL3o

i want to know whether Hybrid can do the same thing ?  DV AVI ➔ AviSynth QTGMC + FineDehalo

i found QTGMC in Hybrid, and i clicked the checkbox of "Force Deinterlacer QTGMC (Avisynth)" and "Bob" both, the preset is default "Fast",

the file which converted is good! thanks Hybrid, i got the clear progressive scanning video file.

but i don't know how to FineDehalo, i found the "Dehalo/-Ring" tab, is it can do the FineDehalo step? and how to set those parameters?

if Hybrid can't do, the only way is to use Avisynth?

thanks for help
Hybrid doesn't support, but I can add support for it (for Avisynth and Vapoursynth) over the weekend.
Alternatively once could add a custom addition for it.

Cu Selur
(01.04.2020, 04:50)Selur Wrote: Hybrid doesn't support, but I can add support for it (for Avisynth and Vapoursynth) over the weekend.

Cu Selur

thanks for the support, looking forward to the new version, nice!

(01.04.2020, 04:50)Selur Wrote: Hybrid doesn't support, but I can add support for it (for Avisynth and Vapoursynth) over the weekend.

Cu Selur

and i found this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQfgHdsluZo

the filter he used listed as :

AviSynth: QTGMC, DeHalo_alpha, LanczosResize, MSharpen

i found QTGMC, DeHalo_alpha, MSharpen in Hybrid, can you add LanczosResize also? thank you.

update:
oh, i found the LanczosResize, it's in the tab of Avisynth -> Line -> Resizer
(01.04.2020, 10:25)ssdde Wrote: update:

Here is one of my tests described further here https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewt...3&t=109259
Use NNEDI3 neural network resizer. It removes jaggies upscale artifacts on contrast diagonal lines, but doesn't add artificial oversharpening. On maximum settings it is very slow. if you use NNEDI3 Resize, it always use only its internal resize method (looks like based on Lanczos) and don't depends of Resize method selected in "Crop/Resize" tab at all.
u

Here are SD to 1440x1080 renders additionally 200% magnified to see the difference:
[Image: 79ivBMT.jpg]
[Image: mDOVWWX.jpg]

Here is another interesting test. Poor quality chroma edges from miniDV camera where magically fixed by NNEDI3 resize. Further NNEDI3 Upscale to QHD (1920x1440) and UHD4K (2880x2160) compare to HD makes almost no real difference in quality even if compare side by side on UHD4K timeline.
Some people recommend 960x720 as a master copy for deinterlaced video because 1280x720 @50fps allows to playback from bluray disc, but as you can see NNEDI3 resize to 960x720 looks slightly softer than NNEDI3 resize to HD.

Another interesting option is 1556x1152 (this is dual 768x576). It allow to crop Hi8 tape black borders and fit source to 1440x1080 in Resolve without additional upscaling step.

Tests made on UHD 4K timeline:

QTGMC SLOW-FTS0, NO RESIZE (same quality produce simple Lanczos Resize in Hybrid)
[Image: Y1NqD6T.jpg]

QTGMC SLOW-FTS0, RESIZE to 720p NNEDI3-32-N2-P2
[Image: jHatOMg.jpg]

QTGMC SLOW-FTS0, RESIZE to 1080p NNEDI3-32-N2-P2
[Image: azfYPkg.jpg]

QTGMC SLOW-FTS0, RESIZE to 1440p NNEDI3-32-N2-P2
[Image: RtrSKff.jpg]

QTGMC SLOW-FTS0, RESIZE to 2160p NNEDI3-32-N2-P2
[Image: gv3QGwU.jpg]
As a side node when using NNEDI3 I would recommend to use Vapoursynth instead of Avisynth since it also supports using more optimized and even gpu driven versions of NNEDI3.
(+ Vapoursynth usually scales better when on faster CPUs)

Cu Selur
(02.04.2020, 19:27)shijan Wrote:
(01.04.2020, 10:25)ssdde Wrote: update:

Here is one of my tests described further here https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewt...3&t=109259
Use NNEDI3 neural network resizer. It removes jaggies upscale artifacts on contrast diagonal lines, but doesn't add artificial oversharpening. On maximum settings it is very slow. if you use NNEDI3 Resize, it always use only its internal resize method (looks like based on Lanczos) and don't depends of Resize method selected in "Crop/Resize" tab at all.
u

Here are SD to 1440x1080 renders additionally 200% magnified to see the difference:
[Image: 79ivBMT.jpg]
[Image: mDOVWWX.jpg]

Here is another interesting test. Poor quality chroma edges from miniDV camera where magically fixed by NNEDI3 resize. Further NNEDI3 Upscale to QHD (1920x1440) and UHD4K (2880x2160) compare to HD makes almost no real difference in quality even if compare side by side on UHD4K timeline.
Some people recommend 960x720 as a master copy for deinterlaced video because 1280x720 @50fps allows to playback from bluray disc, but as you can see NNEDI3 resize to 960x720 looks slightly softer than NNEDI3 resize to HD.

Another interesting option is 1556x1152 (this is dual 768x576). It allow to crop Hi8 tape black borders and fit source to 1440x1080 in Resolve without additional upscaling step.

Tests made on UHD 4K timeline:

QTGMC SLOW-FTS0, NO RESIZE (same quality produce simple Lanczos Resize in Hybrid)
[Image: Y1NqD6T.jpg]

QTGMC SLOW-FTS0, RESIZE to 720p NNEDI3-32-N2-P2
[Image: jHatOMg.jpg]

[Image: azfYPkg.jpg]

QTGMC SLOW-FTS0, RESIZE to 1440p NNEDI3-32-N2-P2
[Image: RtrSKff.jpg]

QTGMC SLOW-FTS0, RESIZE to 2160p NNEDI3-32-N2-P2
[Image: gv3QGwU.jpg]

it seems nice, can you do test using my DVD video clip? as high definition as possible, i want to see the effect you make, thanks

here is my upload, 31.6MB MKV, you can change English at right top of the page
https://c-t.work/s/6c4c648d151441

and you can upload when you done on this site, no need to register, thank you
Here's a version where I used Vapoursynth with:
1. QTGMC and preset 'Slow'
2. SMDegrain with default values (there are probably better filters that could be used on the source, but I used SMDegrain to remove some noise; there are lots of artifacts in the source, that should be filtered for a proper reencode)
3. Cropped
4. Resized to 2160x1464 using NNEDI3
encoded to H.265
-> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hbkdjZ...hrF23FeDFS

Cu Selur
(02.04.2020, 21:22)Selur Wrote: Here's a version where I used Vapoursynth with:
1. QTGMC and preset 'Slow'
2. SMDegrain with default values (there are probably better filters that could be used on the source, but I used SMDegrain to remove some noise; there are lots of artifacts in the source, that should be filtered for a proper reencode)
3. Cropped
4. Resized to 2160x1464 using NNEDI3
encoded to H.265
-> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hbkdjZ...hrF23FeDFS

Cu Selur

yeah , the effect is good, thanks. i think after using video enhance AI will more clearly.

but the original file is also 30fps, feel more smooth, i don't know why
Worst scenario - camera aliasing mixed with interlaced fields and with DVD compression blocks. In some frames striped shirt looks very jagged. If use Final Temporal Smoothing 2 or 3, is slightly smooths aliasing. Seems there is also AntiAliasing filter based on NNEDI, but i didn't test it yet.

[Image: Wu1zUps.jpg]

QTGMC VERYSLOW-FTS0, RESIZE to 1080p NNEDI3-32-N2-P2
[Image: iUnbMO1.jpg]

(02.04.2020, 22:07)ssdde Wrote: yeah , the effect is good, thanks. i think after using video enhance AI will more clearly.

Probably not enough computer processing power for QHD h265 playback. Or because deinterlaced video example was rendered to 29.97 fps instead of 59.94
(02.04.2020, 22:29)shijan Wrote: Worst scenario - camera aliasing mixed with interlaced fields and with DVD compression blocks. In some frames striped shirt looks very jagged. If use Final Temporal Smoothing 2 or 3, is slightly smooths aliasing. Seems there is also AntiAliasing filter based on NNEDI, but i didn't test it yet.

[Image: Wu1zUps.jpg]

QTGMC VERYSLOW-FTS0, RESIZE to 1080p NNEDI3-32-N2-P2
[Image: iUnbMO1.jpg]

(02.04.2020, 22:07)ssdde Wrote: yeah , the effect is good, thanks. i think after using video enhance AI will more clearly.

Probably not enough computer processing power for QHD h265 playback. Or because deinterlaced video example was rendered to 29.97 fps instead of 59.94

yeah. when i set like this in 60 frate, it's OK
[Image: O1uKEBx.png]