This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] can Hybrid run both at the same time in VMware?
many files need to be processed, can Hybrid run both at the same time in VMware and host machine?

both x264 encoding, will it slow down the tasks in progress? thanks

i tried the same version same settings, but Hybrid displays: crashed: Crashed with exit status 0
Why not simply start it multiple times on the host machine?
But in general running Hybrid a host system and a VM on the host system works fine here assuming they don't access the same files.
(I do this here whenever I test features which are available on Linux and Windows.)
-> Can't say more without you sharing details.

Cu Selur
(23.04.2020, 08:01)Selur Wrote: Why not simply start it multiple times on the host machine?
But in general running Hybrid a host system and a VM on the host system works fine here assuming they don't access the same files.
(I do this here whenever I test features which are available on Linux and Windows.)
-> Can't say more without you sharing details.

Cu Selur

can Hybrid start multiple times on win10? nice,really, will multiple Hybrid run slow the encoding time?

but why i run Hybrid crashed in Vmware win10, my host is win10 also.

-------------------------------------------------------------

update:

i tried, i ran two Hybrids, and encoding, seems no lag or slow, so nice !

but i want to know if i run more multiple times, for example, eight Hybrids working together, will it crash or something bad?

-------------------------------------------------------------

update:

now i'm running 4 hybrid to x264 encoding, feel much slower...
no clue what any why you are doing.

1. If you have multiple jobs you can tell Hybrid to run the in parallel by increasing Jobs->Queue->Parallel jobs"
2. If you want, you can also start Hybrid multiple times. As long as the instances do not use the file files everything should be fine.
3. Encoders like x264 and x265 have a bunch of settings related to threading etc. which can influence the performance on multi socket systems and multi core systems. (You should read up on those options.)
4. Hybrid instances do not work together like for example for example RipBot264.

If you experience a crash and it's not due to you setup and you need help provide the proper data. (see: https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?tid=3)

Cu Selur
(23.04.2020, 10:40)Selur Wrote: no clue what any why you are doing.

1. If you have multiple jobs you can tell Hybrid to run the in parallel by increasing Jobs->Queue->Parallel jobs"
2. If you want, you can also start Hybrid multiple times. As long as the instances do not use the file files everything should be fine.
3. Encoders like x264 and x265 have a bunch of settings related to threading etc. which can influence the performance on multi socket systems and multi core systems. (You should read up on those options.)
4. Hybrid instances do not work together like for example for example RipBot264.

If you experience a crash and it's not due to you setup and you need help provide the proper data. (see: https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?tid=3)

Cu Selur

OK. thanks for info