This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] XDCAM HD422 MXF
Video 
Hello, everyone,

I just discovered this software and I already love it. 

However, I'm looking for features that I can't find.

I would like to be able to encode files with the XDCAM HD422 codec (MPEG-2 422P@HL) in the MFX container.

Also I would like to be able to conform the file to different standards such as RDD9 or AS-10.

Are these functions available?

Thank you
David
Quote:Are these functions available?
No.
Hybrid doesn't support
  • any MPEG-2 encoder; could be done through ffmpeg, but I don't know how competitive/good ffmpegs MPEG-2 encoder is)
  • mxf as output container (no clue what formats are supported inside mxf and how the overhead of the container would need to be calculated to allow 2pass encoding with a target file size); muxing to mxf could be done with ffmpeg/ffmbc
atm.
I also have no clue atm. about the different standard used in mfx. Only thing a quick google search showed me was a list of the general formats: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XDCAM#XDCAM_formats but no real info whether ffmpeg or ffmbc could be used to create RDD9 or AS-10 compliant mxf containers.

Cu Selur
Thank you for taking the time to answer me.

I think I'm gonna have to make my own tool to do that Big Grin .

For your information to create RDD9 (or other) compliant mxf files I currently use the wrapper bmx (https://sourceforge.net/p/bmxlib/home/Home/).

David