This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Esxi running macos For selur
(16.08.2020, 19:29)Selur Wrote: Hmm,... update rebooted and now only shows a back screen,... the last few minutes
-> I turned the vm off and back on and it started without a problem and now shows Version 10.14.6
Changing the resolution worked, but I had to use '1920 1080' not '1080 1920'. Wink
But I just noticed the VMware Tools Info shows: VMware Tools installed, but the version is too old. -> now looking at the vm ware tool link

Cu Selur

There should be a way to update it from the esxi tools panel

They sometimes show two option darwin and darwinpre15

even with mojave which is 14 darwin normal and not pre15 was the one to get. 
don’t ask me why

Also i would still install teamviewer For headless operation. I find it makes the experience closer to Having the real computer. Mouse clicks work better and keyboard has better support. You would install teamviewer for mac on the vm and teamviewer for pc on your real computer to connect to it.
You could also download vmware app for your windows computer and then when it asks where is the virtual machine you put connect to server (the esxi ip) and then it will show you all available vms and you can control it that way, but the software isn’t free. I mean there are ways around that too. But teamviewer is free. So
There is an option in the actions for the guest system which says upgrade VMTools, but that gives me:
Quote:Fehler beim Upgrade von VMware Tools für Mojave (Hybrid dev): Der Vorgang ist im aktuellen Zustand nicht zulässig
so not clue what it's referring to when it says 'the action is not allowed in the current state' :/
My guess is the problem is that the CD/DVD drive is still associated with the darwin.iso, but I can't find a way to remove the iso, I can only select another one,.. :/

Cu Selur
Okay, editing the configuration and setting it to host system switched the drive to ATAPI, sadly when powering up the vm again I still get that the action is not allowed/applicable in the current state,.. :/
(16.08.2020, 19:47)Selur Wrote: There is an option in the actions for the guest system which says upgrade VMTools, but that gives me:
Quote:Fehler beim Upgrade von VMware Tools für Mojave (Hybrid dev): Der Vorgang ist im aktuellen Zustand nicht zulässig
so not clue what it's referring to when it says 'the action is not allowed in the current state' :/
My guess is the problem is that the CD/DVD drive is still associated with the darwin.iso, but I can't find a way to remove the iso, I can only select another one,.. :/

Cu Selur
Inorder to edit the settings for that vm the vm needs to be turned off

it is possible that there is another problem with loading the newer vmtools, i had an issue not when doing catalina but when doing mojave. If you find after removing the original darwin iso from the virtual cd/dvd drive you still have a problem i can find you the newest darmwin.iso .

(16.08.2020, 19:52)Selur Wrote: Okay, editing the configuration and setting it to host system switched the drive to ATAPI, sadly when powering up the vm again I still get that the action is not allowed/applicable in the current state,.. :/

hmm, yeah you probably have the same issue i have ok, we need to find you the newest darwin iso.

https://www.wikigain.com/how-to-install-...-catalina/

Even though this one is for catalina
Trust me it will work for mojave
macOS updates sometimes may go into multiple steps with 2 and even 3 reboots
Should it work updating through the app store to catalina or should I setup a complete new VM?

Hmm,.. installing the Vm Tools from the link above seem to be problematic, it's stuck at 'verifying packages' (loose translation) and nothing is happening,.. :/

Cu Selur
(16.08.2020, 20:06)Selur Wrote: Should it work updating through the app store to catalina or should I setup a complete new VM?

Cu Selur
It will work just fine If you want catalina

as far as your mac install is concerned with the Unlocker script, it thinks its on real mac hardware. So you wont have any issues.

i run catalina no problem, i would talk to meatwad and shijan and see what will produce the most compatibility, thats more of a programing question. 

But i have a feeling majority of people who use macs are on catalina, but there may be a few hold overs. With everything going 64 bit, shouldn’t be a problem.

if you do need both, then i would make a second vm. Just remember to split Up your sockets and cores if you plan to run both at the same time. If you run one at a time it wont matter.

Also if you want to unlock all your cores for utilization on esxi for the vms, you will need an unlimited license.

For less than a euro you can get one, it is how i got mine. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184383969286
Quote:Hmm,.. installing the Vm Tools from the link above seem to be problematic, it's stuck at 'verifying packages' (loose translation) and nothing is happening
there doesn't seem an option to abort the installation aside from opening a terminal and killing it or shutting down the vm,..

Cu Selur
(16.08.2020, 20:18)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Hmm,.. installing the Vm Tools from the link above seem to be problematic, it's stuck at 'verifying packages' (loose translation) and nothing is happening
there doesn't seem an option to abort the installation aside from opening a terminal and killing it or shutting down the vm,..

Cu Selur
Hmmm

ok

maybe i should upload the version i got.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Okay, can't do a normal reboot since the installation program is running, can't abort the installation program in a normal way.
-> called 'reboot' from a terminal, finger crossed that this didn't break the vm Wink

Cu Selur