This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Esxi running macos For selur
Ok, PM'ed you new debug.
Guess it is not a huge problem, because it is always easy to fix by using manual naming for output file.
I could probably write a workaround by:
a. making sure Hybrid only uses names which contain just the jobid and not the name of the input.
b. as one of the last steps rename the output
problem is: That is TONS of work since basically each possible pass in the job creation needs to be adjusted,..
-> not worth the effort at the moment, especially since this is a MacOS only problem.

Cu Selur
Yes, brute force is worst possible fix.
Maybe it is not Hybrid itself, but something related to QT itself? Some QT setting encoding of characters special for macOS?
Just wonder why MKVtoolnix GUI and other apps don't have similar problem.
No its not a Qt problem.
Quote:Just wonder why MKVtoolnix GUI and other apps don't have similar problem.
They probably don't create temporary files and thus do not have to handle terminal character coding,..
This is really strange to avoid problems with the character coding of the terminal I rewrote Hybrid to use an option-file.
Instead of calling:
"/Users/selur/workspace/Hybrid/Hybrid.app/Contents/MacOS/MKVToolNix.app/Contents/MacOS/mkvmerge" --ui-language en_US -o "/Users/selur/Desktop/_2021-09-05@00_34_03_4210__01.mkv" --global-tags "/Users/selur/temp/mkvtags_2021-09-05@00_34_03_4210__01.xml" -d 0 --default-track 0:yes --default-duration "0:25/1fps" --aspect-ratio-factor 0:1.422 --no-chapters --compression -1:none --forced-track 0:yes --no-audio --no-subtitles "/Users/selur/Desktop/test  Ω character.m2v"
Hybrid would then call:
"/Users/selur/workspace/Hybrid/Hybrid.app/Contents/MacOS/MKVToolNix.app/Contents/MacOS/mkvmerge" @"/Users/selur/temp/analysis_01_20_31_675.json"
and the content of the json file would be (UTF-8, without BOM coded):
[
    "--ui-language",
    "en_US",
    "--command-line-charset",
    "UTF-8",
    "-o",
    "/Users/selur/Desktop/_2021-09-05@00_34_03_4210__01.mkv",
    "--global-tags",
    "/Users/selur/temp/mkvtags_2021-09-05@00_34_03_4210__01.xml",
    "-d",
    "0",
    "--default-track",
    "0:yes",
    "--default-duration",
    "0:25/1fps",
    "--aspect-ratio-factor",
    "0:1.422",
    "--no-chapters",
    "--compression",
    "-1:none",
    "--forced-track",
    "0:yes",
    "--no-audio",
    "--no-subtitles",
    "/Users/selur/Desktop/test  Ω character.m2v"
  ]
Sadly I got still the problem that, wehn calling the call manually from a Terminal it would work, but when calling it through Hybrid, I end up with:
mkvmerge v61.0.0 ('So') 64-bit
Error: The file '/Users/selur/Desktop/test
No clue why, wrote Mosu, the mkvtoolnix author over @doom9, may be he has an idea what could cause this.

-> think I found the issue, send you a pm.

Cu Selur
Problem with special characters encoding fixed in Hybrid_dev_2021.09.05. Great!
Blu-ray import error Pop-up window:
"Unexpected Analysis mode 11! Please report to Selur!"
Tested 3 different Blu-rays with same result. PM'ed to you debug.
This message comes up when one of the logging can't log some stuff.
(I added a bunch of such code on places where I wasn't sure whether they still could be reached through user interlaction. Smile
(Shouldn't be more than a small annoyance.)
Analysis should still work fine, there wasn't any problem, right?

This probably only happens if for some reason ffmpeg shouldn't or can't be used for Blu-ray analysis.
-> will look at it tomorrow.

Cu Selur
Some discs opens without any length detected.
Some other discs opens normally, but when i attempt to passtrough remux them to MKV, i got new pop-up error messages:
"FilteringModel get->found no field scanOrder"
and next:
"Aborting: Encoding is set for progressive output, but the input is not progressive!"

So looks like something is broken and needs tests and bugfixes when you have time for it.
Same discs remuxed without any problem with MakeMKV.

And it also don't detect chapters