This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Esxi running macos For selur
Guess i start to understand why Rec2020 in ColorMatrix looks oversaturated instead of undersaturated. VS ColorMatrix just works not same as color space free transform tool in Davinci Resolve. And probably it should be like this.
http://www.vapoursynth.com/doc/functions/resize.html
Proper name ycgco YCgCo
And in your script it use name ycocg
Quote:Proper name ycgco YCgCo
I now,.. -> https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?t...13#pid8813
throwing out 'ICtCp'.
vspipe works so encoding probably would to, but the viewer doesn't work with the script.
Code looks fine to me.
-> no clue
Small update info:
SVT-HEVC doesn't seem to work, no clue whether it's due to a missing parameter (works fine on Windows), a problem with the compilation (didn't see any problems), some non-Windows limitation or a bug
-> posted to the issue tracker of the developers: https://github.com/OpenVisualCloud/SVT-HEVC/issues/495

looking into SVT-AV1 atm. -> SvtAvc1EncApp seems to be working fine. Smile

so still in unknown condition are:
uploaded a new aomenc build to the google drive
https://github.com/sekrit-twc/timecube/issues/4
sekrit-twc commented 15 hours ago: "What about with cpu=0?"

Maybe it make sense to update x264 default preset to use Constant Rate factor (similar to x265 default preset)?
Quote:Maybe it make sense to update x264 default preset to use Constant Rate factor (similar to x265 default preset)?
Nope, won't change the defaults.
Quote:sekrit-twc commented 15 hours ago: "What about with cpu=0?"
Since I don't have the artifacts I can't help there.
-> open the Vapoursynth Script Preview with the settings that give you the artifacts.
it should look similar to:
# Imports
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
# Loading Plugins
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="I:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/ColorFilter/TimeCube/vscube.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="I:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/SourceFilter/FFMS2/ffms2.dll")
# loading source: F:\TestClips&Co\files\test.avi
# color sampling YUV420P8@8, matrix:470bg, scantyp: progressive
# luminance scale TV
# resolution: 640x352
# frame rate: 25 fps
# input color space: YUV420P8, bit depth: 8, resolution: 640x352, fps: 25
# Loading source using FFMS2
clip = core.ffms2.Source(source="F:/TestClips&Co/files/test.avi",cachefile="E:/Temp/avi_078c37f69bb356e7b5fa040c71584c40_853323747.ffindex",format=vs.YUV420P8,alpha=False)
# making sure input color matrix is set as 470bg
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="470bg",range_s="limited")
# making sure frame rate is set to 25
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip, fpsnum=25, fpsden=1)
# Setting color range to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
# adjusting color space from YUV420P8 to RGB24 for vscube
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.RGB24, matrix_in_s="470bg", range_s="limited")
# color adjustment using TimeCube
clip = core.timecube.Cube(clip=clip, cube="I:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/ColorFilter/TimeCube/PQ_to_BT709_slope.cube")
# adjusting output color from: RGB24 to YUV420P8 for x264Model (i420)
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV420P8, matrix_s="470bg", range_s="limited")
# Output
clip.set_output()

Copy the content.
Save the content in a new file called test.vpy.
Close Hybrid.
Start vsViewer from a terminal.
open test.vpy script
add ',cpu=0' in the
clip = core.timecube.Cube(clip=clip, cube="I:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/ColorFilter/TimeCube/PQ_to_BT709_slope.cube")
to get:
clip = core.timecube.Cube(clip=clip, cube="I:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/ColorFilter/TimeCube/PQ_to_BT709_slope.cube",cpu=0)
and start the preview so see whether it helps.

Funny thing is on Windows the colors look all fine to me until I add 'cpu=0',..

Cu Selur
Just to clarify - you don't have TimeCube artifacts on macOS version too? Or you test only on Windows version?
UPDATE: cpu=0 didn't help with TimeCube

Just for fun some render tests to mp4/mkv (have no any idea about those new codecs at all). for SVT-AV1 and SVT-HEVC i need manually select path in Hybrid Config->Tools

kvazarclip was not created!:
-> 2020-08-30@16_31_51_3710_04_video crashed: ERROR: /Volumes/temp/Hybrid Temp/test clip-hybrid_2020-08-30@16_31_51_3710_04.265 was not created!

Aborting '2020-08-30@16_31_51_3710_04_video' due to: ERROR: /Volumes/temp/Hybrid Temp/test clip-hybrid_2020-08-30@16_31_51_3710_04.265 was not created!

aomenc clip was not created!:
-> 2020-08-30@16_31_59_3710_01_video crashed: ERROR: /Volumes/temp/Hybrid Temp/test clip-hybrid_2020-08-30@16_31_59_3710_01.265 was not created!
Aborting '2020-08-30@16_31_59_3710_01_video' due to: ERROR: /Volumes/temp/Hybrid Temp/test clip-hybrid_2020-08-30@16_31_59_3710_01.265 was not created!

SVT-AV1 renders goes well video plays back in VLC without any lag.
No file preview in QuickLook or QuickTime X Player if use MP4Box muxer

SVT-HEVC renders goes well video plays back in VLC without any lag.
"Jumping/strobing" frames effect during playback in QuickLook or QuickTime X Player, when video was rendered to MP4 with "FFmpeg instead of MP4Box" setting.
No additional empty first frame in MP4 if use MP4Box muxer
Shijan,
I admire how well you are vetting every bug in hybrid systematically. I wouldn’t know how to use half the plugins you mentioned, so wouldn’t know if it is working or if i just didn’t use it correctly. And I love your gui change suggestions, as they are mostly reasonable. 

But, why do you keep insisting on using quicktime? I love macs too, but quicktime i doubt very much apple has made any serious updates to it in the last 4 revisions of the operating system.

If the video plays well on other players and not quicktime, i don’t think selur can fix that. Like quicktime not handling b-frames properly.  Unless you ran the same settings on the windows version of hybrid and it works with quicklook/quicktime, but not on the mac then it could be a hybrid/or plugin problem. But then that opens up a slew of other possibilities like meatwad said, related to plugin support from the plugin’s author.
Likewise, if it doesn’t play well in all playerS, then it may be linked to something either plugin, or hybrid, or it could be a slew of other things.