This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Esxi running macos For selur
Quote:Just to clarify - you don't have TimeCube artifacts on macOS version too? Or you test only on Windows version?
No, I have TimeCube in the VM but for me everything looks fine.

Quote:aomenc clip was not created!:
-> 2020-08-30@16_31_59_3710_01_video crashed: ERROR: /Volumes/temp/Hybrid Temp/test clip-hybrid_2020-08-30@16_31_59_3710_01.265 was not create
No clue what's happening there .265 is the wrong extension, should be .ivf
Might be fixed in the next upload,..

Quicktime/Quicklook no clue. Don't know about any documentation for either of them what they support and what not.
Would have been surprised if Quicktime/Quicklook would have been able to playback AV1 at all,...
My guess is disabling b-frames will probably fix the problems.

Will look into kvazaar during the week in case it doesn't work with the next upload.

Cu Selur

Ps.: uploaded new version
It is impossible igrore quicktime player. Quicktime player is large a part of macos and ios. Formally half people in the world watch videos in that quicktime player/Safary browser/quicklook preview. quicktime player is one of not so many options that allow color management for video and allow to see videos on wide gamut displays. I personally don't use quicktime player, because Apple color management for video done in technically correct but not too usual way and in reality don't match to "legacy" Rec709 video gamma look on non color management systems. you may read investigation here https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewt...1&t=101253

Also i compare Hybrid to Hybrid 2020 using same FFmpeg and see that "Jumping/strobing" frames effect gone in Hybrid 2020 in x264, but still exists in Hybrid 2020 in x265

Something was changed somewhere, so it may be some bug/fix in Hybrid itself.
Or it may be due some legacy Mojave Quicktime player component.
disabling b-frames is not a solution. It more like pointer to to search source of problem.

Seems you still include legacy havsfunc.py inside Hybrid, as well useless temporalsoften2.py and psharpen.py that i add to scripts folder by mistake somewhere
Shijan,
Just trying to understand.
Saying it worked on legacy hybrid, but not hybrid 2020 Specifically  x265, i think is helpful for me to understand the importance.
ColorMatrix YCgCo seems works. (it produce some insane color transformation, so let's hope that it is ok)
Not sure if in reality ever someone will use some ColorMatrix transform other than 601 to 709 Smile, but if Vapoursynth allow these matrix transform, Hybrid should provide UI to use them. Guess this is the concept.

(30.08.2020, 17:59)Adamcarter Wrote: Shijan,
Just trying to understand.
Saying it worked on legacy hybrid, but not hybrid 2020 Specifically  x265, i think is helpful for me to understand the importance.

To avoid confusion i explainn one more time:
Same FFMpeg binary.
Render to MP4 with "FFmpeg instead of MP4Box" setting.
Playback in QuickLook or QuickTime X Player

Hybrid 2018 x264 "Jumping/strobing" frames effect during playback
Hybrid 2018 x265 "Jumping/strobing" frames effect during playback

Hybrid 2020 x264 Smooth playback. No problem
Hybrid 2020 x265 "Jumping/strobing" frames effect during playback
Hybrid 2020 x265 (b-frames turned off) Smooth playback. No problem
If you want to figure out how to get those streams working in Quicktime/Quicklook, try with different setting in Config->Containers->Mp4 Settings.
Quicktime is known to be a crappy player which always only supports part of the MPEG-4 specifications (true for ASP/AVC/HEVC).
So you got your solution: turn of b-frames and you are fine.

Cu Selur
To avoid confusion i explain one more time:
Same FFMpeg binary.
Render to MP4 with "FFmpeg instead of MP4Box" setting.
Playback in QuickLook or QuickTime X Player

Hybrid 2018 x264 "Jumping/strobing" frames effect during playback
Hybrid 2018 x265 "Jumping/strobing" frames effect during playback

Hybrid 2020 x264 Smooth playback. No problem
Hybrid 2020 x265 "Jumping/strobing" frames effect during playback
Hybrid 2020 x265 (b-frames turned off) Smooth playback. No problem

What about windows Hybrid for x265? Is it there as well?
On Windows I use MPC-HC as player and aside from users who use Mac nobody ever reported any issue with playback.

Cu Selur
There are just some special to macOS only things that may require adjustments. mp4 container was developed by Apple, NCLC tags system (currently extended and used in h264/h265 specification) also was introduced by Apple in Quicktime container long time ago (but was ignored before wide gamut HDR and wide gamut displays start move to masses).
It sounds strange and insane but there are two places to put tags in video. One group of tags located in codec stream itself, and another located in container.
Currently ProRes in FFmpeg/Hybrid place tags only to one place. As result tags are visible in media inspectors but ignored by native quicktime-based players color management. I found this problem yesterday and not sure yet where to report it Smile

Not a critical, because i can add missing tags, aspect ration and other missing metadata with JESExtensifier or with AMCDXVideoPatcher instead http://mogurenko.com/ but improvements are always welcome.
Apps like Davinci Resolve write proper tags in both codec and mp4/mov container.
Problem with Apple and MP4 is that they were/are part of the could behind the mp4 container standard, but they decided that:
a. they only support a portion of it for mp4
b. they do their own thing when it comes to mov
c. in their decoders they only support an even smaller portions of the MPEG-4 video standard than basically the rest of the world.

Quote:are two places to put tags in video
yes, usually one speaks of 'stream'- and 'container'-tags.

Quote:Apps like Davinci Resolve write proper tags in both codec and mp4/mov container.
Didn't ffmbc especially write additional data in the video steam headers ?

-> If you can tell me a way tell ffmpeg to write those tags I can add an option for it, since I don't use lossy formats as intermediate I never really found any use for ProRes aside from exporting to it for others.

Cu Selur
Quote:Didn't ffmbc especially write additional data in the video steam headers ?
I'll test ffmbc. Currently i use FFmpeg for MOV container.