This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] Found a bug in 2017.10.05.1(Windows), did some troubleshooting, found a fix
Bug 
I recently updated to Hybrid rev 2017.10.5.1 and soon after noticed a bug that causes some dropdown-menus to immediately re-close as they're being opened. Only some of the menus are affected; for example on the 'Base'-tab 'Audio:' is consistently affected regardless of user action, while "Default container:" is only affected when a file is loaded. Right-click menus on the 'Jobs'-tab sometimes won't open either.

Huh Reproducing Dodgy :
On 64bit Windows 7, simply open Hybrid and wait anywhere between 20 minutes to 3 hours. Doesn't matter whether hybrid is used as long as it's running, although the bug may occur sooner and affect more menus after loading a file and switching through tabs a lot.

Confused Troubleshooting Undecided :
1. As i thought this might be a Qt bug, i tried copying over the Qt5*.dlls from "qt-creator-opensource-windows-x86_64-4.4.1.exe", then "qt-opensource-windows-x86-5.9.2" & then "qt-opensource-windows-x86-5.9.0"; it didn't help...
2. I then tried comparing "HybridDebugOutput.txt" outputs between two hybrid sessions (quick clean one & one i let reach bug onset) and there was no differences in readout between lines reading: "Finished initialization" & "Closing Hybrid" at 'level 4' or 'level 9'.
3. Then i tried alternating between different builds of various .dlls that had been updated since the last version, 'til i finally realized i'd missed the "Hybrid\platforms\qwindows.dll" & "Hybrid\dynamic\platforms\qwindows.dll" files, which i hadn't realized were also part of Qt.
4. After copying these additional files over as well, i have now gone over 4 hours without encountering the bug again, so i decided to post the fix here...

Cool The fix Idea :
Assuming you don't want to download the 2.23 Gb "qt-opensource-windows-x86-5.9.2.exe" and spend few hours extracting 12 Gb of files from the installer with 7-zip. Just download this .7z-archive and extract the Qt5 v5.9.2.0 files over the old ones in Hybrid's program directory (The builds used are msvc2015 32bit & msvc2017 64bit).
Nice to see that this ist mit bug in Hybrid, but in Qt that hast already been fixes upstream. Thus when I switch to Qt 5.9.2 and drop 32bit Windows support this will have fixed itself. Big Grin

Thanks for hunting this bug down and reporting it.

Cu Selur