This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Need help whit encoding (Interframe parameters)
I use a apu cpu already using it at 99% whit x264 encoder and interframe fps adjust for 60fps but I want to use my gpu to speed things up I have a radeon rx 580 whit the latest driver I checked the gpu box on the interframe but still no gpu response on the encoding process. Have already tried on the misc-input to check the use gpu typing my device number (0)but still no responses. So how should I fix it. Should I change the encoder to a graphics card one? If yes how and which is the fastest one?
Interframe should use the GPU when:
in case you use Vapoursynth "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Other->Frame Interpolation->Interframe/SVP->GPU" is enabled
in case you use Avisynth "Filtering->Avisynth->Frame->FPS adjust->Interframe->GPU" is enabled
changing the GPU to 0, when overwriting Smooth, disables the GPU usage.

You would need to use the svpflow2 parameters for Smooth and add and adjust the 'gpuid' parameter.
see: https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Manual:SVPflow

Cu Selur
What's missing? 

Smooth: {rate:{num:12,den:5},algo:1,mask:{area:0},scene:{mode:3}}

Super: {scale:{up:2},gpu:1,rc:0}
Analyse: {main:{search:{coarse:{distance:0},type:4}},refine:[{thsad:200}]}

Like this? 

Smooth: {rate:{num:12,den:5},algo:13,gpuid:0,mask:{area:0},scene:{mode:3}

Super: {scale:{up:2},gpu:1,rc:0}

You think using the gpu for frame rendering speed things up. Or is just lame?
Quote:Like this?

Smooth: {rate:{num:12,den:5},algo:13,gpuid:0,mask:{area:0},scene:{mode:3}
your are missing a '}' at the end
{rate:{num:12,den:5},algo:13,gpuid:0,mask:{area:0},scene:{mode:3}}
a bit more readable:
{
  rate:
  {
    num: 12,
    den: 5
  },
  algo: 13,
  gpuid: 0,
  mask:
  {
    area: 0
  },
  scene:
  {
    mode:3
  }
}
also the guid parameter is probably wrong:
Quote:    gpuid: 0,

Defines which video card should be used for rendering, only works with GPU rendering enabled:

0 - default (use 1st available GPU),
    11 - use 1st GPU device on 1st OpenCL platfrom,
    12 - use 2nd GPU device on 1st OpenCL platfrom,
    21 - use 1st GPU device on 2nd OpenCL platfrom an so on.
source: https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Manual:SVPflow
since 0 is already the default and you probably need 12 or 22.
(got no second gpu, so I can't test it here)

Quote:You think using the gpu for frame rendering speed things up. Or is just lame?
it might, especially if you cpu isn't that fast and already reaches 90%+ when just using the encoder.

Cu Selur
I have only one gpu active on device 0 so I try all of them than I report
Quote:I have only one gpu active on device 0 so I try all of them than I report
I thought you had an apu (which is also a gpu) and additionally another card.
If you really have just one gpu in your system, enabling 'GPU' is enough, no need for the extra hassle.
Another thing. I have noticed by film convertion in the audio part (by 60fps)that by example knocking a door  result to a audio retard is there a setting to avoid this?
(26.10.2020, 19:59)Selur Wrote:
Quote:I have only one gpu active on device 0 so I try all of them than I report
I thought you had an apu (which is also a gpu) and additionally another card.
If you really have just one gpu in your system, enabling 'GPU' is enough, no need for the extra hassle.

At the end none was working. So I decided to change the video preset on processing tab. Changed to VVEenc and now I get from 22fps fast the triple 65fps now I'm using my cpu on 55% and only 33-35% of my gpu.
I wonder is there something to increase they performance? A better preset ot a ultra performance preset?
Quote: Changed to VVEenc and now I get from 22fps fast the triple 65fps now I'm using my cpu on 55% and only 33-35% of my gpu.
I assume you mean "NVEnc".

Quote:I wonder is there something to increase they performance? A better preset ot a ultra performance preset?
no really:
a. Not using Avisynth, but Vapoursynth (or at least 64bit Avisynth) might speed things up a bit, since it seems like the filtering is the main slow down.
b. in case the source format of your input allows is, enabling hardware decoding might help (probably not much since my guess the filtering and not the decoding slows things down.
Other than that, frame interpolation isn't that fast to begin with Interframe is one of the fastest methods since it's gpu assisted.
In general make sure to:
a. have temp and source path on different drives (this will mainly speed up extraction and muxing) (ideally all on ssds)
b. make sure your source, temp and output folder are not monitored by anti virus software and similar since they slow down the access to files. (This is mostly a slow down when handling image sequences as sources, but depending on the system might slow down things.)
-> I doubt much will change, but small speed increases might be possible.

Cu Selur
I have another question I think for a normal video full HD 30 minutes having this Bitrate value(from 25fps to 60fps convert) is ok: Animation 12500 and Film 15000 but what if the film or anime is longer I mean 1hour 50minutes should I change the Bitrate to a double rate or keeping it this way?

1.Same topic if I have a 1080p video that was compressed to reduce size (it has flickering in some scene) if I convert it to a bigger Bitrate goes the flickering away or it stays?
2. If I have a 1280x720p video (whit super good Bitrate) and I want to convert it to 1920x1080p  is it possible to get the same quality or even better quality when converting it? If possible which is the best filter to apply?
3.How to use 64 bit avisinth? (win10 64bit)