This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

output format
Any plan to add uncompressed avi/mov/image sequence to output formats?
Such option is important because in many cases Avisynth/Vaporsynth is used for pre-processing videos for for further processing it
in AE/Premiere/FCP ... etc.
Quote:Any plan to add uncompressed avi/mov/image sequence to output formats?
Nope, uncompressed makes no sense to me at all.
Since Hybrid supports a bunch of lossless compression options:
(H.264 lossless, H.265 lossess, AV1 lossless, FFV1 (only supports YUV420 iirc), UT Video, FFvHuff)
Not planning to add image sequence output, since I don't see any value in it.

Quote:Such option is important because in many cases Avisynth/Vaporsynth is used for pre-processing videos for for further processing it
Don't those support any lossless compression formats?
I might be willing to support another lossless format if ffmpeg supports it or a free standalone command line encoder exists, but I do not see the use in uncompressed content.

Cu Selur
(27.10.2020, 18:26)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Any plan to add uncompressed avi/mov/image sequence to output formats?
Nope, uncompressed makes no sense to me at all.
Since Hybrid supports a bunch of lossless compression options:
(H.264 lossless, H.265 lossess, AV1 lossless, FFV1 (only supports YUV420 iirc), UT Video, FFvHuff)
Not planning to add image sequence output, since I don't see any value in it.

Quote:Such option is important because in many cases Avisynth/Vaporsynth is used for pre-processing videos for for further processing it
Don't those support any lossless compression formats?
I might be willing to support another lossless format if ffmpeg supports it or a free standalone command line encoder exists, but I do not see the use in uncompressed content.

Cu Selur

Professional high-end video production facilities prefer image sequences.
Still not going to support image sequences or raw video as output.
Image sequences and raw video simply makes not sense nowadays.
I didn't like it 20 years ago, but back then I understood why NLE tools would prefer it, but forcing users to use image sequences disqualifies tools in my book.

Cu Selur
(27.10.2020, 18:44)Selur Wrote: Still not going to support image sequences or raw video as output.
Image sequences and raw video simply makes not sense nowadays.
I didn't like it 20 years ago, but back then I understood why NLE tools would prefer it, but forcing users to use image sequences disqualifies tools in my book.

Cu Selur

But despite of the statement above "Hybrid" supports Image Sequence for input???
I'm lost in logic.
You could say Hybrid also support DVD and Blu-Ray for input but not for output.
Well, that's understandably - Blu-Ray and DVD represent containers,  while Image Sequence represent stream.
Image sequence support was added mainly to support the output of 3D rendering tools, there image sequences make sense since it might take quite a while to calculate just a single image of a render sequence. (that sadly has not really changed, especially if you need to visualize new developed rendering&co methods)
If video import and export would usually take minutes per frame Hybrid would probably just support image sequences. Smile

Hybrid does not support DVD output since:
a. I have no clue how to properly calculate the overheads for vob files
b. I don't know any really good open source MPEG-2 encoder (only free cross-platform MPEG-2 encoder I'm aware of is the one in FFmpeg, I had hope for x262, but that one turned into a dead project)
c. I haven't created DVDs since before I started writing Hybrid.
d. my knowledge about DVD structures (especially menu structures) is really minimal

---
Also calling something like:
ffmpeg -i  "path to video" -f image2 -vcodec png "E:\Output\%06d.png"
seems to be easy enough that folks can do it themselves.

Cu Selur
(27.10.2020, 21:11)Selur Wrote: Image sequence support was added mainly to support the output of 3D rendering tools, there image sequences make sense since it might take quite a while to calculate just a single image of a render sequence.  (that sadly has not really changed, especially if you need to visualize new developed rendering&co methods)
If video import and export would usually take minutes per frame Hybrid would probably just support image sequences. Smile

Hybrid does not support DVD output since:
a. I have no clue how to properly calculate the overheads for vob files
b. I don't know any really good open source MPEG-2 encoder (only free cross-platform MPEG-2 encoder I'm aware of is the one in FFmpeg, I had hope for x262, but that one turned into a dead project)
c. I haven't created DVDs since before I started writing Hybrid.
d. my knowledge about DVD structures (especially menu structures) is really minimal

---
Also calling something like:
ffmpeg -i  "path to video" -f image2 -vcodec png "E:\Output\%06d.png"
seems to be easy enough that folks can do it themselves.

Cu Selur
Yes I'm aware of that as well as about
ffmpeg -i "path to video" -an -vcodec rawvideo -y output.avi
... etc.

Can I incorporate such script in HYbrid suppressing default output?
Where I have to put it?
Quote:Can I incorporate such script in HYbrid suppressing default output?
Where I have to put it?
No, you can't replace the default output with some random call.

Hybrid does have options which allow to call custom calls after a job or a queue finished, but those would probably require you to know the output name beforehand.
So if you knew each of your jobs would create 'E:\output.avi' you could:
Set "Jobs->Misc->On job finished" to "call external" and set "Jobs->Misc->On job finished->call external->at job finished external call" to
"c:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\ffmpeg.exe" -i  "E:\output.avi" -f image2 -vcodec png "E:\Output\output_%06d.png"
alternatively you could call a batch file or a another program to do whatever you want.

Cu Selur
(27.10.2020, 21:52)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Can I incorporate such script in HYbrid suppressing default output?
Where I have to put it?
No, you can't replace the default output with some random call.

Hybrid does have options which allow to call custom calls after a job or a queue finished, but those would probably require you to know the output name beforehand.
So if you knew each of your jobs would create 'E:\output.avi' you could:
Set "Jobs->Misc->On job finished" to "call external" and set "Jobs->Misc->On job finished->call external->at job finished external call" to
"c:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\ffmpeg.exe" -i  "E:\output.avi" -f image2 -vcodec png "E:\Output\output_%06d.png"
alternatively you could call a batch file or a another program to do whatever you want.

Cu Selur
 "Since Hybrid supports a bunch of lossless compression options:
(H.264 lossless, H.265 lossess, AV1 lossless, FFV1 (only supports YUV420 iirc), UT Video, FFvHuff)..."
I couldn't find  lossless compression options in none of them.
For example what I can specify in AV1 for lossless output
For H.264 with x264:
  • set "x264->Base->General Settings->Encoding mode" to "constant quantizer (1-pass)"
  • set "x264->Base->General Settings->Restriction Settings->AVC Profile" to "High4:4:4" or "None"
  • enable "x264->Base->General Settings->Lossless"
For AV1 with aomenc
  • set "aomenc->Base->Encoding mode" to "lossless (1pass)"
For H.265 with x265:
  • set "x265->Base->General Settings->Encoding mode" to "constant quantizer (1-pass)"
  • enable "x264->Base->General Settings->Lossless"
For H.265 with NVEnc: (assuming your card supports it)
  • set "NVEnc->Base->General Settings->Encoding mode" to "constant quantizer"
  • enable "NVEnc->Base->General Settings->Lossless"

Cu Selur