This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Preview uncompressed RGB source doesn't work
After  loading uncompressed RGB video, Avisynth and Vapoursynth filter preview is not showing up, grayed  the main interface.
After that, the only way to quit preview is close Hybrid.Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.

Attached Files
.txt   Documentary.avi.txt (Size: 2,02 KB / Downloads: 119)
Will look at it on Friday after work, only got my mobile until then.
Did you test with the dev verison I send you yesterday?

Cu Selur
Load uncompressed RGB video to Avisynth and Vapoursynth filter preview and crop preview takes too long to show up.
Load 5 min video takes ~ 40 sec.
During loading main interface is grayed.
The only way to figure out that something goes on is to take look at the toolbar, that shows percentage of load.
DeHalo filters - Dehalo_alpha and FineDehalo (did not check others) don't work in Vapoursynth (in Avisynth everything works fine).
Regarding Vapoursynth: What source filter is used? What does the script look like?
Regarding the slow loading: Is the uncompressed RGB in some container? Which? Would need a debug output of the loading of the source to see what's happening.

Quote:DeHalo filters - Dehalo_alpha and FineDehalo (did not check others) don't work in Vapoursynth
I can reproduce the issue with FineDeHalo, but Dehalo_alpha works fine here.
-> found the problem: FineDeHalo isn't listed in the filter order, will fix it after work today and send you a new dev version link via PM then.

Cu Selur
Source info:

General
Complete name              : G:\Gabby.avi
Format                      : AVI
Format/Info                : Audio Video Interleave
Format profile              : OpenDML
File size                  : 11.6 GiB
Duration                    : 6 min 34 s
Overall bit rate            : 253 Mb/s

Video
ID                          : 0
Format                      : RGB
Codec ID                    : 0x00000000
Codec ID/Info              : Basic Windows bitmap format. 1, 4 and 8 bpp versions are palettised. 16, 24 and 32bpp contain raw RGB samples
Bit rate                    : 252 Mb/s
Width                      : 720 pixels
Height                      : 486 pixels
Display aspect ratio        : 3:2
Frame rate                  : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS
Standard                    : NTSC
Color space                : RGB
Bit depth                  : 8 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)          : 24.000
Time code of first frame    : 00;00;00;00 / 00;00;00;00
Time code source            : Adobe tc_A / Adobe tc_O
Stream size                : 11.6 GiB (99%)

Audio
ID                          : 1
Format                      : PCM
Format settings            : Little / Signed
Codec ID                    : 1
Bit rate mode              : Constant
Bit rate                    : 1 536 kb/s
Channel(s)                  : 2 channels
Sampling rate              : 48.0 kHz
Bit depth                  : 16 bits
Stream size                : 72.2 MiB (1%)
Alignment                  : Aligned on interleaves
Interleave, duration        : 965  ms (28.91 video frames)

Attempt to assign Vapoursynth de-interlace filter (any) to uncompressed RGB *.avi  crashed "Vapoursynth Editor".
"Avisynth" works fine.
Ah it's a problem with the Vapoursynth Filter Preview, not with just the normal Vapoursynth Preview.
-> will send you a link via PM to my current dev version since I can't reproduce the issue here.

Cu Selur
Vapoursynth Fine DeHalo now partially works (doesn't  shows "Show mask").
Other RGB  related issues still exist.
Attached are two debugs:
1 Illustrated long load.
2.Illustrated long load and crash after attempt to use de-interlacer.

No one other Vapoursynth filters does work with this source. (no crash - just doesn't work)
Quote:Vapoursynth Fine DeHalo now partially works (doesn't shows "Show mask").
I see the problem, the text instead of the index is added.
-> will be fixed in the next dev version I'll send you a link to

Quote: Illustrated long load.
Ahhhh,... you didn't mean that the loading of the file into Hybrid, but the loading of the Vapoursynth Preview took long. Smile
(in this case 52 seconds)

Reason for the long wait is the indexing.
You can try using 'Vapoursynth->Misc->Input->Prefer AviSource for .avi inpu', if you got an 64bit vfw codec installed in your system.
Other than that, I got no direct solution, since this seems to be a limitation of FFmpegSource2s (ffms2) indexing.

Quote:llustrated long load and crash after attempt to use de-interlacer.
I can reproduce this with the 'Filter view' turned 'on', normal Vapoursynth Preview works fine here.
-> looking into it,.. problem is Hybrid didn't convert the input color to YUV444 which causes QTGMC to crash.

=> will send you a link to a new dev version once I fix the color conversion issue for the deinterlacing.

Cu Selur
Very last dev (192940) still crashes on deint.