This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Saving Configuration for all settings
How to save Configuration for all configuration settings for X264/Base Preset, Frames, Filtering would be saved and will not be needed, every time starting Hybrid to go through all those settings, clicking arrows, going back and forth making sure everything is set, nothing missing since last session?
Saving configuration under X264/Base does not save configuration for Frames. Need to go though each individually, for Filers is no way to save it at all.

I was trying to save under Configuration/Global profile, it did not save them.
Or I just did not find the way how to do this.
Have you read [INFO] About profiles and saving settings,.... ?

Cu Selur
(18.02.2021, 18:35)Selur Wrote: Have you read [INFO] About profiles and saving settings,.... ?

Cu Selur
Yes, I read, but looks like skipped step Apply Global profile.
But it still does not store/hold X264/Base/Restriction setting: Preset, always returns to "none".

Also, different topic, Filtering/Avisynth/Line there is no Resizers, I was looking for spline36. I see only Anti-Aliasing, Darkening, Misc.
Under VaporSynth there is no resizing tab as well. There is Nedi3. Do not know how to apply splinexx resizing.
Quote:But it still does not store/hold X264/Base/Restriction setting: Preset, always returns to "none".
That is correct. The settings are saved (command line is the same), again applying the preset doesn't make sense.

Quote:Also, different topic, Filtering/Avisynth/Line there is no Resizers, I was looking for spline36. I see only Anti-Aliasing, Darkening, Misc.
Under VaporSynth there is no resizing tab as well. There is Nedi3. Do not know how to apply splinexx resizing.
Filtering->Avisynth->Frame->Resize
Filtering->Vapoursynth->Frame->Resize

Cu Selur
(18.02.2021, 20:17)Selur Wrote:
Quote:But it still does not store/hold X264/Base/Restriction setting: Preset, always returns to "none".
That is correct. The settings are saved (command line is the same), again applying the preset doesn't make sense.

Quote:Also, different topic, Filtering/Avisynth/Line there is no Resizers, I was looking for spline36. I see only Anti-Aliasing, Darkening, Misc.
Filtering->Avisynth->Frame->Resize
Filtering->Vapoursynth->Frame->Resize

Cu Selur
Thanks. Of course, Resize is a property of Frame, my bad, not patient enough.
The Crop/Resize tab will reflect resizing done by Filtering->Avisynth->Frame->Resize, correct?
If under Filtering/Avisynth/Resize I mark up/enable Resizer, choose Spline36, it will override resizer that is set on Crop/Resize tab/Picture Resize/Resize Method any from 1 through 10 that is was set. Correct? Or how does it work?
Correct.
Cropping, letterboxing, resizing is done under 'Crop/Resize'. 'Filtering->Avisynth/Vapoursynth->Frame->Resize' allows to overwrite the resizer choice.

Cu Selur
(19.02.2021, 06:29)Selur Wrote: Correct.
Cropping, letterboxing, resizing is done under 'Crop/Resize'. 'Filtering->Avisynth/Vapoursynth->Frame->Resize' allows to overwrite the resizer choice.

Cu Selur

I am getting in to it.
But still getting mixed results with the Configuration/Global profile saving.
I understood that X264/Base/Restriction setting: Preset, since the command line is the same - applying the preset doesn't make sense.
But this is the problem, my workflow:
Starting Hybrid, applying Apply Global profile, that I saved from the previous session, loading/opening a video file that I need to process. All X264/Frames Settings, Max number of ref frames, Min/Max GOP size are OK as from previous session. Now I need to use X264/Base/Restriction setting and change that innocent Preset from None to Medium. I go to X264/Frame, to check if settings still the same, it is all good. But if I go back X264/Base/Restriction setting and press that Arrow pointing left in front of Preset, it changes X264/Frame Settings/Max number of ref frames, Min/Max GOP size.
So basically I apply Global profile and think/trust that all settings are OK, as soon as press that arrow, its crews up the X264/Frame Settings. The global is not global anymore. I know I might sound picky/stupid, but I am here to learn. I like that tool, need to get in to.
Quote:Now I need to use X264/Base/Restriction setting and change that innocent Preset from None to Medium.
this will change the settings unless they matched the medium profile in the Global Profile you saved.

If you think something is wrong, post more details and I can look into it after work.

Cu Selur
(19.02.2021, 07:29)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Now I need to use X264/Base/Restriction setting and change that innocent Preset from None to Medium.
this will change the settings unless they matched the medium profile in the Global Profile you saved.

If you think something is wrong, post more details and I can look into it after work.

Cu Selur

But I thought that the purpose of the Global Profile to override all other profiles, all other settings and profiles.
I load Global Profile, video file, and all settings as from my last Hybrid session. But now I need to make sure the it matches the medium profile, I have a few profile, I do not know which one I need, so I go through all X264 settings few times back and forth to make sure it is all good. It would make with one click to reproduce all settings/profiles from previous Hybrid session. It would be so convenient and quick, would not need at every new session to make many clicks to set all up.
Yes, a Global Profile should contain all settings so if you apply an x264 preset afterwards it will change the settings.

Cu Selur