This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Best deinterlacer
After tried more than 20 different settings for QTGMC with my custom x264 placebo settings, I found this lossless QTGMC deinterlacer settings:
[Image: image.png]

Is that any better deinterlacer than QTGMC for lossless deinterlacing ?
a. Unless you use a bobber (for QTGMC enable 'Bob') there is no way you are lossless, since you throw out up to half of the motion information.
b. You might want to read up on the basics on what happens during deinterlacing.
I doubt that QTMC can even be fully lossless. (A stupid bobber might be more lossless, but will look worse. Smile)
QTGMC is a quicker variant of TGMC which is described as:
Quote:Motion-compensated bob deinterlacer, based on temporal Gaussian blurring. Reduces noise/grain of the source and does NOT leave the original fields unchanged. Output is rich with details and very stable. It is SLOW.
and even with the changes QTGMC made over the years I doubt it is lossless.
(no clue what made you thing that QTGMC is lossless to start with)

Cu Selur
(07.12.2017, 19:08)Selur Wrote: a. Unless you use a bobber (for QTGMC enable 'Bob') there is no way you are lossless, since you throw out up to half of the motion information.
Bob is doubled the frame rate. Since I'm using vapoursynth, FpsDiv is not available. I'm using Bob a long time ago, and the result looks worse than this QTGMC settings.

(07.12.2017, 19:08)Selur Wrote: b. You might want to read up on the basics on what happens during deinterlacing.
Yeah, I already read that and QTGMC too in many source. Some from avisynth.nl site.

(07.12.2017, 19:08)Selur Wrote: I doubt that QTMC can even be fully lossless. (A stupid bobber might be more lossless, but will look worse. :))
QTGMC is a quicker variant of TGMC which is described as:
Quote:Motion-compensated bob deinterlacer, based on temporal Gaussian blurring. Reduces noise/grain of the source and does NOT leave the original fields unchanged. Output is rich with details and very stable. It is SLOW.
and even with the changes QTGMC made over the years I doubt it is lossless.
(no clue what made you thing that QTGMC is lossless to start with)
I attach the RAW sample from original BluRay & the output deinterlaced encoded sample using that QTGMC settings and my custom placebo settings with crf. The full deinterlaced encoded video output bitrate is about 4000. But, since it using crf, the sample bitrate is slightly different. I cut the RAW and the output deinterlaced using mkvmerge too. So it cutted losslessly.

I also attach the frames captured from mplayer and YUV frames using FFmpeg. For better comparison, open each frame with multi MPC-HC (from K-Lite) tabs/windows. I prefer using madVR for it.

I know about deinterlace can't be fully lossless, but if you see in the attached "Sample.7z", it looks like lossless deinterlaced for me. I think there isn't any denoise/blurring added in the output. How about you ? What do you think ?

Attached Samples:
http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/0FVCA...e.7z_links
I like the results of QTGMC but it isn't lossless, that's the main thing I wanted to convey. Smile
+ QTGMC has a 'Bob'-option.
Without that enabled, up to half of the motion data will be lost. Smile
(08.12.2017, 07:07)Selur Wrote: I like the results of QTGMC but it isn't lossless, that's the main thing I wanted to convey. Smile
Yes, I know.

(08.12.2017, 07:07)Selur Wrote: + QTGMC has a 'Bob'-option.
Without that enabled, up to half of the motion data will be lost. Smile
Is there any way to keep the output frame rate when using Bob in "Vapoursynth" QTGMC, since it doesn't have FpsDiv ?
Instead of 'FpsDiv' Hybrid used SelectEven/-Odd to drop half the interpolated frames. (Does the same as FpsDiv, but offers the user the option to select the frames to drop.)
Only when 'Bob' is enabled Hybrid will not drop half the frames and output double frame rate output.
-> If you want to keep all motion information from an interlaced source using a bobber and keep both interpolated frame is the only way.

Cu Selur
Ok, got it. But, I prefer using QTGMC only. That's all I need Smile