This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Windows 7 (Error 0xc0000005)
Hello Selur!
First of all, many thanks for changing email!

Now, I have problem with executing Hybrid 2021.01.31.1. I installed it into my external HDD due to not enough space on my primary HDD. At first, I have got errors about missing libraries api-ms-win etc. So I copied neccessary libraries, but then I have got an error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Cick OK
Problem persist even I am trying to execute hybrid as admin.

My system:
Acer Aspire 5750g, windows 7 64 bit home premium.

Thank you for your help.
a. don't run Hybrid as admin (best deinstall it completely with all settings)
b. make sure you system is up-to-date
c. try the latest version (I'm not trying to look into old stuff)

Cu Selur
Ps.: 64bit Visual Studio 2015-2019 runtime https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topi...f26a218cc0 might also help, but 0xc0000005 normally is a memory access violation, so I doubt it will help with the old Hybrid.
I tried everything (incl. installing runtime package), but problem persist...
Does Hybrid itself throw that error, or does one of the tools which it uses throw the error an Hybrid just closes? (try what happens if you remove the tool in the 64bit folder temporary inside another folder before starting up Hybrid)

I'll try to find some time this evening to setup a Windows 7 VM and see whether I can reproduce the issue.

Cu Selur
(20.04.2021, 05:14)Selur Wrote: Does Hybrid itself throw that error, or does one of the tools which it uses throw the error an Hybrid just closes? (try what happens if you remove the tool in the 64bit folder temporary inside another folder before starting up Hybrid)

I'll try to find some time this evening to setup a Windows 7 VM and see whether I can reproduce the issue.

Cu Selur

Hybrid itself throwns that error - I dont see startup screen nor GUI. The same situation when I removed everything from 64 bit folder.
I am using windows 7 64 bit SP1, just for info.
Mystery solved, Qt dropped the support for Windows 7 and Windows 8 in Qt 6 since Microsoft dropped support for them on the 14th of Januar 2021.
see: https://www.qt.io/blog/qt6-development-h...nd-targets
-> 2020.12.13.1 is the last version which works on Windows 7 since that is the last version I build with Qt 5 for Windows.

Seems like not many Hybrid users still use Windows 7 since you are the first that mentioned it in the last 4 month.

I could probably create a QT 5.15.2 build for Windows if there are a bunch of users who request it.
(I would need to recompile Hybrid, vsViewer, FrameCounter, avsViewer64, avsViewer32, IdxSubCutter, BDSup2Sub++, DelayCut and replace the Qt libraries, which shouldn't be too much of a hassle.)

Cu Selur
Created a test version which I compiled with Qt5 and uploaded it to GoogleDrive (hopefully I didn't miss anything; didn't test since I'm not keen to setup a Windows 7 VM).

Cu Selur

Ps.: Adjusted the title of the thread.
Have you tested the download?

Cu Selur
(22.04.2021, 18:49)Selur Wrote: Have you tested the download?

Cu Selur

Not yet, because downloading is very slow since Sunday and thus I am unable to get the direct download link for download manager which allows me to download without any interruptions. But I suppose that you would not wasting your time for re-uploading with direct links...
hups send the link to the wrong user,..
-> send now

Cu Selur