This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Not working Avisynth preview when loaded *.wmv file
Avisynth preview error
[Fatal]: Failed to avformat_open_input.
Different file, different problem,...
Seems like LWLibavVideoSource can't handle the source.
Would need a sample of such a file to see whether any Avisynth source filter can handle it.
You can try whether enabling 'Filtering->Misc->Force DirectShowSource' helps with that source.
WMV files are always problematic with open source filters.

Cu Selur

Ps.: off to work now, will try to look into it further after work in case you can share a sample of the source.
sample

Quote:You can try whether enabling 'Filtering->Misc->Force DirectShowSource' helps with that source

Same result

Previous versions of Hybrid correctly work with *.wmv files.
With the same file?
I did not check these files on previous versions.

I tried to open various *.wmv files
Hybrid not working with these files
Format : VC-1
Format profile : MP@HL
Codec ID : WMV3
Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Video 9
Description of the codec : Windows Media Video 9 - Professional

Format : WMV1
Codec ID : WMV1
Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Video 7
Description of the codec : wmv1

Working with
Format : WMV2
Codec ID : WMV2
Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Video 8
Description of the codec : wmv2
LoadPlugin("G:\Hybrid\AVISYN~1\LSMASHSource.dll")
# loading source: C:\Users\Selur\Desktop\Los Bravos – Black Is Black (1966) .wmv
#  input luminance scale tv
LWLibavVideoSource("C:\Users\Selur\Desktop\Los Bravos – Black Is Black (1966) .wmv",cache=false,stacked=true,format="YUV420P8",repeat=true)
# current resolution: 856x480
return last
crashed with the file,...
LoadCPlugin("G:\Hybrid\AVISYN~1\ffms2.dll")
# loading source: C:\Users\Selur\Desktop\Los Bravos – Black Is Black (1966) .wmv
#  input luminance scale tv
FFVideoSource("C:\Users\Selur\Desktop\LOSBRA~1.WMV",cachefile="H:\Temp\wmv_7df0c91b391dcb28bda4362abecff8f2_32662_1_0.ffindex")
# current resolution: 856x480
return last
works fine here
I enabled 'Filtering->Avisynth->Misc->Prefer FFmpegSource" should fix the issue.

Cu Selur

Ps.: Funny thing is that LWLibavSource can handle the file fine when using Vapoursynth,..
I also enabled 'Filtering->Avisynth->Misc->Prefer FFmpegSource", again Avisynth preview error
FFVideoSource: Can't open 'I:\proba\wmv\Los Bravos ? Black Is Black (1966) .wmv'
File you send me was named:
Los Bravos – Black Is Black (1966) .wmv
-> try renaming the file
Cu Selur
Quote:try renaming the file

Thank you, now working.
btw. how did you get the '?' into the file name, at least here Windows doesn't allow a question mark inside a file name and abort when trying to name a file that way. Smile