Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: Not working Avisynth preview when loaded *.wmv file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Avisynth preview error
[Fatal]: Failed to avformat_open_input.
Different file, different problem,...
Seems like LWLibavVideoSource can't handle the source.
Would need a sample of such a file to see whether any Avisynth source filter can handle it.
You can try whether enabling 'Filtering->Misc->Force DirectShowSource' helps with that source.
WMV files are always problematic with open source filters.

Cu Selur

Ps.: off to work now, will try to look into it further after work in case you can share a sample of the source.
sample

Quote:You can try whether enabling 'Filtering->Misc->Force DirectShowSource' helps with that source

Same result

Previous versions of Hybrid correctly work with *.wmv files.
With the same file?
I did not check these files on previous versions.

I tried to open various *.wmv files
Hybrid not working with these files
Format : VC-1
Format profile : MP@HL
Codec ID : WMV3
Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Video 9
Description of the codec : Windows Media Video 9 - Professional

Format : WMV1
Codec ID : WMV1
Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Video 7
Description of the codec : wmv1

Working with
Format : WMV2
Codec ID : WMV2
Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Video 8
Description of the codec : wmv2
Code:
LoadPlugin("G:\Hybrid\AVISYN~1\LSMASHSource.dll")
# loading source: C:\Users\Selur\Desktop\Los Bravos – Black Is Black (1966) .wmv
#  input luminance scale tv
LWLibavVideoSource("C:\Users\Selur\Desktop\Los Bravos – Black Is Black (1966) .wmv",cache=false,stacked=true,format="YUV420P8",repeat=true)
# current resolution: 856x480
return last
crashed with the file,...
Code:
LoadCPlugin("G:\Hybrid\AVISYN~1\ffms2.dll")
# loading source: C:\Users\Selur\Desktop\Los Bravos – Black Is Black (1966) .wmv
#  input luminance scale tv
FFVideoSource("C:\Users\Selur\Desktop\LOSBRA~1.WMV",cachefile="H:\Temp\wmv_7df0c91b391dcb28bda4362abecff8f2_32662_1_0.ffindex")
# current resolution: 856x480
return last
works fine here
I enabled 'Filtering->Avisynth->Misc->Prefer FFmpegSource" should fix the issue.

Cu Selur

Ps.: Funny thing is that LWLibavSource can handle the file fine when using Vapoursynth,..
I also enabled 'Filtering->Avisynth->Misc->Prefer FFmpegSource", again Avisynth preview error
Code:
FFVideoSource: Can't open 'I:\proba\wmv\Los Bravos ? Black Is Black (1966) .wmv'
File you send me was named:
Code:
Los Bravos – Black Is Black (1966) .wmv
-> try renaming the file
Cu Selur
Quote:try renaming the file

Thank you, now working.
btw. how did you get the '?' into the file name, at least here Windows doesn't allow a question mark inside a file name and abort when trying to name a file that way. Smile
Pages: 1 2