This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Format aac is not allowed for webm?
Hi there -- little bitĀ of a newb question. I'm trying to convert a video that is an mp4/aac (AVC) to a webm with audio. And for some reason, I am not able to perform such a conversion because the source audio is in AAC. What would be the best way to get this to work so that I can have a webm with audio? I've spent almost an hour in the app.

Thanks
I
Quote:What is WebM?

WebM is an open media file format designed for the web. WebM files consist of video streams compressed with the VP8 or VP9 video codec, audio streams compressed with the Vorbis or Opus audio codecs, and WebVTT text tracks. The WebM file structure is based on the Matroska media container.
source: https://www.webmproject.org/about/faq/

-> you either need to convert you audio to vorbis or opus audio, or use another container like .mkv.

Cu Selur
(28.05.2021, 23:10)Selur Wrote:
Quote:What is WebM?

WebM is an open media file format designed for the web. WebM files consist of video streams compressed with the VP8 or VP9 video codec, audio streams compressed with the Vorbis or Opus audio codecs, and WebVTT text tracks. The WebM file structure is based on the Matroska media container.
source: https://www.webmproject.org/about/faq/

-> you either need to convert you audio to vorbis or opus audio, or use another container like .mkv.

Cu Selur

Wouldnt this then only output an mkv? Do i have to first convert to mkv THEN to webm?
If you want webm you need to convert your audio since, webm does not support aac audio,...

Cu Selur